ACN Latitudes Forums

Spring vs. Summer

Hi all,

For those of us that seemed to have some waxing going on during the springtime, even though we cannot pinpoint if there is anything specific that seems to kick things up, I'd like to know if any are seeing a waning of any kind now that summertime is here?

We are not totally out of woods, but things have settled at least some. I cannot confidently attribute it to any one thing, but July always seems to be a better time for us in the past. Even tho I don't know what about the spring seems to cause some waxing, perhaps the allergens that are prominent at that time does have something to do with it.

It seemed that in May, quite a few of us were not doing too well, despite all our efforts. So I'd like to know if things are settling now, and wondering if the time of year has anything to do with it, (even tho we may not know exactly what it is due to).

Anyone doing better now that July is here? (Tom's mom, bmom, Ilovedogs,?)

Faith

Faith, I don't know for sure, but I feel my son tics just about the same in spring and summer. I'm thinking summer is just the time he can tic freely because he is at home. Winter is the good time for him. I can't say for sure but it is a less active time for him, no baseball.

CP

Hi all,

For those of us that seemed to have some waxing going on during the springtime, even though we cannot pinpoint if there is anything specific that seems to kick things up, I'd like to know if any are seeing a waning of any kind now that summertime is here?

We are not totally out of woods, but things have settled at least some. I cannot confidently attribute it to any one thing, but July always seems to be a better time for us in the past. Even tho I don't know what about the spring seems to cause some waxing, perhaps the allergens that are prominent at that time does have something to do with it.

It seemed that in May, quite a few of us were not doing too well, despite all our efforts. So I'd like to know if things are settling now, and wondering if the time of year has anything to do with it, (even tho we may not know exactly what it is due to).

Faith

Nope, he's the same Faith. He was really bad during the end of football season in April and I wonder if it was a combination of excitement and field fertilizers that made him majorly wax. Right now he's got a new tic that I contribute to theanine but he never has a tic free day and some days are better than others, this has always been the theme since he started ticcing back in November.

Bonnie

Last summer I know we did better- spring was when it all started. This spring I saw a small facial grimace pop up after a few months of no ticcing. and I think I just made matters worse by starting the bonnies with taurine and then a couple of weeks later the mag taurine alone. Thats when all the head tics started and then I decided to give mindlinx everyday per drs. suggestion and he started ticcing again. I am guessing it was the glutamine? He finally seems like he is calming down but it seems to take a while for the effect of these amino acids to exit his system. So it is hard for me to say for sure, but I sure hope things are going to be better the rest of the summer!

My son is worse in the summer. Maybe the chlorine or the unscheduled days but his behaviors and tics get worse. He was worse in the fall too probably the change in routine for school, and again in Dec. with the excitement of the holidays.

Michele

Hi all,

Faith

April and May were terrible for my PANDAS son. Slight tics and OCD/focus issues were terrible. Things got better in June and still going ok now. Tics are gone. I wonder since they aren't around as many children and viruses that maybe that is why? I do have another child who gets severe tics the end of July through October. I tried everything holistic I could find last year with no real help. This year I'm trying Claritin, Benedryl, or what ever I can get my hands on!

Trubiano,

Have you ever looked at the National allergen/pollen map? Since your other son has such regular onset and duration, you may be able to investigate the specific allergens in your region at that time. Knowing what it is MIGHT be of help in alleviating it. (Certain allergy meds may work better on certain exposures.) Also, I have heard people talk about "local honey." You would have to find a bee-keeper in your area to purchase it from (possibly a local health food store), but the theory is that the honey helps to desensitise your reaction to the local allergens, much like an allergy shot.

Trubiano,

Have you ever looked at the National allergen/pollen map? Since your other son has such regular onset and duration, you may be able to investigate the specific allergens in your region at that time. Knowing what it is MIGHT be of help in alleviating it. (Certain allergy meds may work better on certain exposures.) Also, I have heard people talk about "local honey." You would have to find a bee-keeper in your area to purchase it from (possibly a local health food store), but the theory is that the honey helps to desensitise your reaction to the local allergens, much like an allergy shot.

Lurker,

Where would I find the National allergen/pollen map? I tried to google it, but wasn't able to find anything that told the specific allergens. My child has had allergy testing and is allergic to grass and molds. Our doctor keeps saying he has a childhood tic and it isn't an allergy, but it only happens for the same few months and goes away for the past 4 years. I know he is wrong, just can't find what will work. We used Zyrtec with no help and found out it has caused tics in children, benedryl and epsom salts last year helped a little along with homeopath drops. I will try the honey. Any idea how much and how often I should give it? I was afraid if he started eating it the tics might get worse or continue longer. Thankk you for the help!