ACN Latitudes Forums

NSI Magnesium Taurinate

Yes, this is what we have been using for a while. It seems to work well for us.

Juls

For those of you using this product....do you give 3 a day? I looked at the bottle and I was concerned about the dosage. My ds is 9 and I guess I would just start out with 1 and see how it goes?

PS: What is the average amount of magnesium you're giving your kids who are about 60-70 lbs? I'm currently only giving about 200 mg a day. I wonder if I need to up that amount?

B

I give 2 capsules a day, one in the AM and one in the PM. My son is also 9 but weighs 99lbs. Actually, I'm glad you made me reevaluate this right now. My guy is tic free because of his supplements from October through mid-June. The tics come back in June and last through the summer even with his supplements though. We've had this pattern for several years. I'm pretty sure that swimming in our chlorinated community pool is the culprit, but he loves to swim and his summer tics are not too bad (mostly a verbal squeak). The OT and the exercise from swimming outweigh the negative of the tics in his case, so we let him swim.

Nonetheless, I think I will up his Magnesium Taurinate to three capsules for the summer.

I had been on a mission to decrease the number of supplements he takes, because he gets sick of swallowing so much. I had him dropped from 20 pills down to 13 but in the summer he clearly needs more support.

As for other Magnesium, he also takes espom salt baths after swimming and sometimes drinks Calm.

Juls