ACN Latitudes Forums

Magnesium Taurate

I've been giving my eleven year old son magnesium taurate for a year, which really seemed to help with his throat clearing, but lately sometimes I think I see more tics after giving him his magnesium and calcium. And the further away from the time I gave it to him, he seems to have less tics. Maybe he's getting older and needs more? Or maybe none? Still want to try organic flax seed oil to his supplements. Anyone had any negative experiences with flax seed oil?

I have not had negative experiences with any of them. I use the Cardiovascular Research brand of Magnesium, Calcium Citrate from Vitamin Shoppe, and Organic Flax Seed oil. (I added NAC, Aceytl L Carnitine (?), and GABA too.) I have had to drop back on the B's a lot b/c my son will not take his vitamins if I put too much in!

I think that all of these have done wonders for my child. We were doing REALLY well and cut back to 1/2 supplements and let a little junk slip in this summer..............he has been blinking, rolling, and nose wrinkling this week and I think that this may be after a month and a half of reducing the supplements!

I continued to "try them all" until I found what I thought worked......and now I have "messed with it"...ughhhh! I hope to get back on track now that I see what the result is!!

I've been giving my eleven year old son magnesium taurate for a year, which really seemed to help with his throat clearing, but lately sometimes I think I see more tics after giving him his magnesium and calcium. And the further away from the time I gave it to him, he seems to have less tics. Maybe he's getting older and needs more? Or maybe none? Still want to try organic flax seed oil to his supplements. Anyone had any negative experiences with flax seed oil?

I've not had any problems with the flax seed oil( I just keep forgetting to give it to him :lol: ). I just started giving a cal/mag supplement yesterday so I'll let you know if I see an increase in tics with that. I bought the Calm with calcium so I'm not just doing the magnesium calm now. I'm still wondering how much magnesium to give him?