ACN Latitudes Forums

Any thoughts on this?

My daughter was taken off of dairy by her gastro doc, while dairy didnt help her gastrointestinal symptoms it reduced her tics by a ton. She had it a couple times since then and ticked each time. Now she is hooked up to a 48 hour EEG and the doc said to try to induce her seizures and tics....well this kid has had sooo much cheese and ice cream and is not ticking!! Whats going on? I actually havent seen any tics out of her in a week or so, this new doc is thinking pandas and I know very little about pandas so is it normal for tics to go away for awhile and come back?

Have you tried straight milk? It may be that the processing into cheese and ice cream reduces the effect they are looking for?

Or, to try to increase tics, try television and video games, which most people here have said spikes tics. Also fish oil capsules -- that seemed to spike tics for a lot of us!

(Are you comfortable spiking the tics, though? I'm wondering how long it will take them to come back down after you deliberatly try to spike them.)

I cant say Im totally comfortable spiking the tics but if it will give them some insight into whats going on with her then its worth it. She is hooked up to an EEG so they will be able to literally see what is going on in her brain when she has a tic. Ive had her watching TV all morning and nothing. She is sleep deprived (docs orders). She has been off dairy so long that she wont drink the milk so Im going to go to the store and see if I can find some chocolate syrup that she can have (she is on Feingold so that may be tough)

Yes, it is normal for PANDAS tics to go away and come back. There is no set time for how long they could go away for...it could be days, months, years, etc. PANDAS tics can come back when there is anything stimulating their immune system.

Yes, it is normal for PANDAS tics to go away and come back. There is no set time for how long they could go away for...it could be days, months, years, etc. PANDAS tics can come back when there is anything stimulating their immune system.

Okay thanks for that info. Our first neurologist just told us she had a chronic tic disorder and over time through other things we realized he wasnt a great doctor and switched. This new neurologist thinks that it may be PANDAS because it started when she was so young, less then two years old and then it went away for some time and can back.

My younger sons PANDAS started when he was young also...he was not yet 3. It went away for two years and reared its ugly head again when he was almost 5.

How old is he now? Does he still have issues? Is it possible for it to go away and never come back? Our neuro is doing the strep titer blood test but Im kind of unsure about it. I mean the first tics were a couple years ago and then they came back a year ago and sort of lingered so I dont know if they would show up or not.