ACN Latitudes Forums

I give up

I've now spent £105.82 in just under two months only to find it 'helps a bit'. It's coming up the holidays and I won't be earning (I do casual/temp/part time work at a college).

£40.19 of that money was wasted because I bought the wrong things or the product didn't work or had a bad effect etc.

I've now had to spend £226 on my car and I've got a special camping expedition coming up which I need some money for (I'm paying for my brother too). Petrol's going up. My wages are stopping. I've run out of magnesium. I need calcium. I need to restock on chlorella. I'm really irritable again because of the magnesium levels reverting back to their old low levels. My family will get even more annoyed with me again because of the irritability due to the lack of magnesium.

I did my best, but I can't afford to continue.

I don't know what to do.

I give up.

Greyhound

are your parents not willing to help you with the supplements?

also, doesnt the NHS there cover basic vitamins and minerals?

even if you just continue on magnesium and a good multi that should help

did you check the iHerb cost of shipping to UK and would that be more cost effective maybe?

Dont give up! maybe just keep taking small affordable steps

I am earning, so my parents wouldn't want to pay for me and they'd probably tell me to get my priorities right or something like that.

The NHS doesn't cover vitamins and minerals - even if you could get them on prescription, they'd be the standard rate each time which is now about £6-7 I believe.

The trouble is, with magnesium, I need calcium and zinc. B vitamins would probably be helpful, but I don't know which I'd need most, so I have to get the complex. Bonnie (of Bontech) described all sorts of connections between the ingredients of her supplements and I don't want to get the balances wrong. I also want to chelate and possible mercury and help stop candida.

I checked iHerb - their prices are great, but not for shipping. It makes the prices equal to/slightly greater than buying them over here.

I don't think magnesium on it's own is effective enough and I'm worried about the parathyroid drawing calcium from the bones.

I wanted to try one more thing - and that's try Bonnie's supplements, but it's about £60 ($117?) for a month's supply (including postage to Britain) and I don't have any of the three payment methods she requires (unless MasterCard is the same as Maestro - it's owned by the same company and the website seems to suggest it's a European version of it but I'm still not sure if I do have Maestro on my card).

I've contacted her to see if she would consider PayPal. It feels like an age since I sent the email, but it was only on Monday, so I must be patient. I doubt she'd accept it though.

remember...a good multi plus healthy diet will give you calcium and the B vits plus other essentials so just adding some extra magnesium is a good start!

my son found using royal jelly to get extra B vitamins to be way better than B complex, to which he reacts badly

I do honestly feel that Bonnie's carefully formulated plan works best, whether one uses her Bontech range or puts together one's own. Only thing there is we do have reports of some not reacting well to fishoil and also some people seem to have a waxing reaction to the TS plus tho they do seem in the minority and likely a personal sensitivity to one or more ingredients. People really are very different in how they react to supplements depending on their unique biochemistry and metabolism

remember...a good multi plus healthy diet will give you calcium and the B vits plus other essentials so just adding some extra magnesium is a good start!

I have always had a healthy diet, so I don't think that's a problem ;) but the magnesium alone isn't sufficient. I have a good diet, I drink milk which is a good source of calcium and I tried magnesium and it's good but not enough.

my son found using royal jelly to get extra B vitamins to be way better than B complex, to which he reacts badly

Just wondering, what happens when he takes B complex?

I do honestly feel that Bonnie's carefully formulated plan works best, whether one uses her Bontech range or puts together one's own. Only thing there is we do have reports of some not reacting well to fishoil and also some people seem to have a waxing reaction to the TS plus tho they do seem in the minority and likely a personal sensitivity to one or more ingredients. People really are very different in how they react to supplements depending on their unique biochemistry and metabolism

It's a good job she doesn't put the fish oil in the main supplements.

Price-wise, even ordering them from America would be slightly cheaper than buying all the ingredients individually over here.

I hope she replies soon. If she can accept PayPal or Maestro then I think I will give it a try as one last option.

Meanwhile, I might try spending just ten more pounds ($19.56) on magnesium (trying magnesium malate this time).