ACN Latitudes Forums

No energy

Greyhound

do you have a physician or any healthcare professional that you are consulting on all this?

I do have concern that you are experimenting with supplements without guidance from a healthcare professional and from what I have gathered I think you may be a minor? Sometimes there are underlying factors that need to be carefully looked before just trying supps that one reads about.

not trying to interfere....just urging caution

Unfortunately, I have no one helping me although I'm hoping that Dr. Hugh Rickards (neurologist), when I finally get to see him, might be able to arrange for me to see someone else about it?

I'm nineteen (and a half lol)

And you're probably right to worry. I'm a bit worried myself but I'm pretty sure I've already damaged my neck from ticcing, so I feel that reducing them by doing this while waiting to see someone about it is better than damaging it even further. I think it's the safer of the two choices currently available to me.

phew well 19 (and a half ;) ) is reassuring...I was concerned you may be a younger teen

a good chiropractor can be helpful in realligning your cervical vertebrae....dont know if you have NUCCA certified chiros there now....i havent lived in UK since 1983 so am very out of touch

Thanks, I will see if I can get chiropractic treatment on the NHS though as I definitely can't afford it myself.

About the supplements - my regime is now pretty close to Bonnie's so I (hopefully) can't be going too far wrong *hope hope hope* lol ;)

EDIT: does grape seed extract give any energy or does it make one even more relaxed?

cant say i have noticed any mood impact from GSE Greyhound, tho it is known to be immune supportive which in those who need that, can boost enrgy I guess??

my son used to take it for anti-oxidant properties and overall health, but now with the autoimmune aspect of his Crohn's disease we are careful about what he supplements with....we have learned that when immune issues are at work, even good things can sometimes have bad effect ;)

I was actually very interested in mrsD's info on it being anti-inflammatory ya know Greyhound

with my son having autoimmune disease re the crohn's I think I have become over cautious in thinking that things that are good for immune sytem may be bad for him....yet am also realizing now the balance and the dose and the specific action is what matters most!

glad you asked the question ;)

Hi MaryAnn.....grapeFRUIT seed extract is very different from GRAPEseed extract

Bonnie has the latter (grapeseed extract) in her supps and that is the one that is generally recommended as an antioxidant and good for immune system

I have seen warning about grapeFRUIT extracts in the past...I forget what they related to but do remember one on warnings re interactions with meds

Interestingly, Wikipedia says the following:

Grapefruit seed extract (GSE), also known as citrus seed extract, is a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. While there has been no scientific demonstration of efficacy, this extract has been claimed by some practitioners of alternative medicine to possess antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Indeed, it has been recommended by some nutritionists for the treatment of candidiasis, earache, throat infections, and diarrhea. Some natural food retailers claim this extract to be a safe, natural, and an effective preservative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit_seed_extract