ACN Latitudes Forums

I developed a blinking tic at 17... do I have TS or something else?

Guy, I hope that u get this!!!!! I have EXACTLY what you have! It can be very irritating and uncomfortable! I often have the need to blink hard when my eyes are closed as well. You feel like there's no relief. Two things I have found beneficial is to keep my eyes very CLEAN and very lubricated with drops. A doctor told me years ago that I have a common staff infection in my eyes and to thoroughly wash my lids with baby shampoo. It never goes away, but it helps. Please update me. I don't believe its a tic at all. I am an RN & very familiar with tourettes.

Guy, I hope that u get this!!!!! I have EXACTLY what you have! It can be very irritating and uncomfortable! I often have the need to blink hard when my eyes are closed as well. You feel like there's no relief. Two things I have found beneficial is to keep my eyes very CLEAN and very lubricated with drops. A doctor told me years ago that I have a common staff infection in my eyes and to thoroughly wash my lids with baby shampoo. It never goes away, but it helps. Please update me. I don't believe its a tic at all. I am an RN & very familiar with tourettes.

I have a tic. I had an examination by an eye doctor and she said I have slight photophobia and possibly slightly dry eyes, but my blinking is not because of any eye issues. She gave me some eye drops which didn't make any difference one way or the other.

My tic decreases significantly in the doctor's office so I had to bring in a video of me blinking to show her. It's a common occurrence for tics to disappear at the doctor, although no one seems to know why.

I take 0.025mg of Clonidine (1/4 of a 0.1mg pill) nightly and it has reduced my blinking tic. I started the website http://www.tourettestreatment.com to share my treatment research, since there seems to be only a few medications that actually work. It can be hard to find reports of drug trials so I wanted to put everything together in one place where people can easily find it.

Edited by guy123