ACN Latitudes Forums

Hoyt has Fifth Disease!

Hi there everyone, long time no talk!!! Hoyt has been doing super well of late and only had issues during pine blooming time. But Fifth disease is rampant at his school and now both he and I have it! It is supposed to be very mild and with me it is but oh my gosh he's really suffering. He's had a temperature of 103 now since Saturday night, swollen glands, sore throat, red itchy eyes and he's sore all over - he even spiked at 104 for a short time but has gone back to 103 and holding. Checked for Strep - no, thank goodness. I know he has an overactive immune system - is it perhaps ramping up too much? Has anyone had any experience with this supposedly harmless childhood disease?

Hope you are all well!

Giselle

((((Giselle)))) so sorry to hear this tho good to see you :P

glad you checked for strep/scarlet fever first as I have heard of some misdx of Fifths when it is actually scarlet fever

a friend's grandson recently had it so I will check with her for you. she did say the achiness and general malaise did not go away for months tho and I believe antibiotic (I think azith??) was used. I will check and let you know

praying for speedy recovery

blessings

Cheri