ACN Latitudes Forums

Stange question

Okay, just throwing this out there for any ideas because my husband and I are bewildered by this one. I gave my son a supplement around 1:30 today (capsule, like the Candida clear capsules), well...while he was taking a bath at around 8:30, he spit up a bit and out came his supplement fully intact!!

Doesn't that seem weird? Shouldn't it have been dissolved and on its way by then? Also, he seems to spit up a bit lately when he takes his epsom salt baths....could the epsom salts have something to do with that? Just a weird thing...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kelly

Kelly,

Put one of the capsules in a glass of warm water and watch to see how long it takes to dissolve. Maybe the coating is the problem. If it were caught in his throat, I would think it would still dissolve (and burn his throat).

One more thought. Did you actually see him take it at 1:30 or just set it next to his lunch or snack and tell him to take it? Is there any chance that he forgot it and remembered later?

Tami

First, I appreciate your replies because this one has me a little concerned...like, is their something wrong with his stomach acid?..and, he takes PenVk daily, I wonder about absorbtion. Also, he doesn't have a BM daily..it makes me wonder about his whole digestive process. Yes, he took it, I always watch him. I don't think it could have been lodged in his throat..he continued to eat and drink throughout the day. Putting it in a glass of water is a GREAT idea...thank you!! Perhaps I am getting concerned about nothing. I will let you know.

Kelly,

That is odd, I would think the acid would desolve the pill with-in 30 min. Just a question I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but is the capsule a time release? Would that have anything to do with it? Does this capsule have to be in the intestinal system to break down or the gut?

Just a thought,

CP

Kelly,

Gel caps do not require any stomach acid to digest. My kids love those little "pills" you put in the bathtub that magically turn into sponge dinosaurs or bugs. They are in regular gel caps and take about five minutes in bathwater. Also, if you have any experience spilling capsules on a wet countertop, they get gummy and have to be thrown away.

What inactive ingredients are listed on the label? gelatin? cellulose?

Is he a good water drinker? I read somewhere you should drink your weight in ounces every day. I started a water drinking regimen here when I overhauled our eating habits. My kids quit drinking completely. I suspect it was because going from McFood to whole food reduced their sodium intake by 1,000%! Anyway, I constantly harp on them to drink. Could he have been dehydrated? Long day in the sun? Any kind of bowel problems recently?

Tami

Thanks so much for all your reples, this is really odd and still has me puzzled and concerned. It was not a time release capsule...I'll check what the capsule was made of. I did put it in a glass of warm water this am and it dissolved in the middle and broke apart within an hour, so, I don't know what the heck is happening. Thanks for the heads up about stomach acid not needing to be present...I guess I could have figured that one out after my "experiment" this am. :huh:

Could it have been stuck somehow in his throat even with him eating and drinking all day....is their enough liquid in the throat to dissolve it? How could it have been in there for 7 hours and not get dissolved or even go through the digestive tract??

Another thing I want to ask...his spitting up a bit here and there...could it actually be a tic? you know when you burp and some stuff comes up? That is what he does here and there for a month or so, although he says he has done it for much longer, I only notice it in the bathtub. (stuff floating around :ph34r: ) Now today I am thinking..could it actually be a tic?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kelly

Oh, I haven't really been monitoring his drinking,,although I am fairly sure he drinks a decent amount of water each day.. perhaps

dehydrated? I don't know, it has been hot here. How would that affect the pill thing? No unusual bowel things, just the normal bowel every two sometimes three days. (sometimes he will have a good week and go almost every day...no diarreah, occasional constipation)

Kelly

Kelly,

I only asked about dehydration, working on the theory that sufficient liquid needs to be present to dissolve the pill, not acid. I know nothing of barfing tics, but I would assume an air-gulping or swallowing tic might accomplish the same. Any of those?