ACN Latitudes Forums

yeast, yeast and yeast

Hi my daughter blood work showed she at one time had candida. Her stool showed yeast. Igg had Medium reaction to brewers yeast. OAT test came high yeast. I'm having a hard time decidng where to go from here. She is on probiotics,but I know she should be on anti-fungal. I'm afraid of killing the good yeast. I'm afraid of how shes going to react, the side effects. I heard cocunut oil and raw garlic only kill the good and not the bad. Is that true? Is that enough to do just that? How about oregano oil, does that just kill the bad. I heard grapefruit seed extract kill bad and good.

I just want the safest and best way. Any suggestions would be apprecitated. Thank you

I have been doing research on s. boulardii, which is evidently a "good" yeast. At least two sources indicated that this "good" yeast could crowd out (get rid of?) the bad yeast. I know one person (online) is doing this and believes she is seeing improvement with her daughter. Just a suggestion though, as I am definitely not an expert. Hopefully, someone else will be able to chime in.

candida clear by NOW, plus kefir as the probiotic has worked wonders for our whole family....of course coupled with diet that doesnt overdo natural sugar or carbs that yeast thrives on, and avoiding the chemical additives that I think help to destroy our good intenstinal flora along with triggering so much neuro stuff!

Hi thanks for the replies. My daughter is currently using s. boulardii, doctor recommended. Cherri

you previously told me that it's not going to kill the bad yeast. Great plains recommended that I use

anti fungal. Candida clear got great reviews on the iherb sight and your recommendation. My question is im afraid of killing the good yeast and what is going to happen. How old was your son when he used it. My friend at work her daughter has autism and she also has yeast. When I told her I was going to buy anti fugal she said to be careful your not only going to kill bad yeast but the good. Great plains said she would have too be watched and start slow. It just got me nervous. That is why I was asking about cocunut oil and garlic because I heard that kills bad and not the good. Oregano oil ,im not sure.

I don't know if it part of OCD with me but im always afraid something is going to happen.

I had to look up kefer I was not sure what it was. My daughter also showed up on the IGG sensitive to milk and lemon but that scored low, so I dont know about that. I'm going to try to change her diet. Some things are starting to make sense. The Huh sound after salad dressing. Could of been the vinegar which I heard feeds the yeast. She love macoroni and on the diet the doctor gave me it says you can have pasta. I read so much on other sights which say to avoid it. Im going to buy spelt pasta and tell her she can have it as side dish and not a meal. Well anyway im still undecided and scared to buy candida clear. Is she to young? I know shes 14, probably not!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
I have been doing research on s. boulardii, which is evidently a "good" yeast. At least two sources indicated that this "good" yeast could crowd out (get rid of?) the bad yeast. I know one person (online) is doing this and believes she is seeing improvement with her daughter. Just a suggestion though, as I am definitely not an expert. Hopefully, someone else will be able to chime in.

How long do you have to take these pills along with a diet to get rid of yeast? Like what would be a resonable time frame? A month? 3 months? A year?