ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone notice Epsom Bath helps with itchy skin?

Can epsom salt bath draw out toxins from the body that you can see? Does anyone with dry itchy skin is helped by taking epsom bath?

My dad injuried his left leg some years ago, and when the injury healed, that leg developed dry, itchy & flaky skin. After taking 2 epsom bath for tired muscle ache, he noticed some white stuff that looks like skin floating in the water. After the 3rd epsom bath my dad said the bath water is clear & clean, no more white stuff left behind and the dry, itchy & flaky skin is gone from the leg. In fact he feels his skin feels softer from the bath.

Anyone with similar experience?

Pat

Patty,

I have very dry skin and I do take an epsom salts bath almost every night. I have not seen any change in my dry skin, but I do remember reading epsom salt was good for exzema. So you my have something there.

CP

Can epsom salt bath draw out toxins from the body that you can see? Does anyone with dry itchy skin is helped by taking epsom bath?

My dad injuried his left leg some years ago, and when the injury healed, that leg developed dry, itchy & flaky skin. After taking 2 epsom bath for tired muscle ache, he noticed some white stuff that looks like skin floating in the water. After the 3rd epsom bath my dad said the bath water is clear & clean, no more white stuff left behind and the dry, itchy & flaky skin is gone from the leg. In fact he feels his skin feels softer from the bath.

Anyone with similar experience?

Pat

I have very dry itchy skin but I add oatmeal bath stuff to my epsom salts, which seems to help. I know that dead sea salts are supposedly good for eczema so maybe it's helping to slough off the dead skin for him?

I would have thought it be the opposite, "more drying" and thus more itching. We don't have that problem, but thought I'd just confuse you a little. :)

But, what I do notice after the baths for my son is a yellowish ring around the tub when I let the water out? especially when he's not had one in a little while. Could that be the toxins coming out?

Faith

Pat,

I have heard it detoxifies, but as far as the dry itchy skin goes, I have more often heard it makes people itchy.

Regarding your dad's situation, I once sprained my ankle, and when the swelling went down, I basically shed a layer of skin too. It peeled like a sunburn. The skin under it was soft and new. I can see where soaking would help in this situation, but I would assume it is contraindicated in a chronic dry itchy skin condition.

Faith,

I don't know your son, but I know mine; so I got a great chuckle from the "yellowish ring around the tub" comment!