ACN Latitudes Forums

Supplement Question

Greetings.

I am a new member, and I have a question about supplements. I posted about a week ago, but thought I would ask again as I didn't see any answers to my concern.

I have an almost 7 year old son who ticced a lot during the winter and now, after several changes to our lifestyle (Bontech supplements, no TV/videos/computers, limited dairy) is doing enormously better. My question, though. He is 60 pounds, and it was recommended that he take 13 of the BonTech supplements a day. This puts his Magnesium Taurate dosage at about 400 mg/day, and I know that many of you use 500 mg a day. However, the RDA and other recommended dosages that I can find for Magnesium is about 150 mg for his weight (some sources say as high as 350 mg. There doesn't seem to be a consensus. )

I am concerned about giving him too much, because it seems that there are serious biomedical issues with too much magnesium. When he had a Magnesium blood test done about a month ago (on the supplements), he was just above the minimum normal range.

Can anyone comment? In addition, I occasionally give him baths with Epsom salts, and I am concerned that that may also be increasing the Magnesium levels too high.

I am also searching for a naturpath/nutritionist/biomed doctor in the Los Angeles area to help us out with this. Can anyone help with that? We are with Kaiser HMO, and would love a recommendation within Kaiser, but I will certainly pay to see someone with the appropriate expertise if I can find them.

Thanks!

-- Liane

Ifran,

Just want to say welcome and you have come to the right place. Sorry that i can't comment on the Bontech, since we don't use this supplement. I am glad that you have found something that works for your son.

Pat

Hi

we dont use BonTech but Bonnie has very carefully researched the doseage of her products to be age/weight optimized

people with TS need *more* than the RDA of magnesium

are you using the TS-plus as well as the magnesium taurate?

Ifran,

Welcome... My son is very skinny and small for his age, and his Dr. did not want him taking over 600mg of mag. I feel she is a good dr, but does not know as much about ts as Bonnie does. After taking mag for almost two years he has only just reached the point to where he is adequate, so Chemar is right about ts needing more mag. I do have info on mag spread out through the day is not harmful in doses 400-1000mg (for an adult) I do believe this is another reason Bonnie has the supps spread out.

Good luck I hope you find all you answers here.

CP

Ifran,

Welcome... My son is very skinny and small for his age, and his Dr. did not want him taking over 600mg of mag. I feel she is a good dr, but does not know as much about ts as Bonnie does. After taking mag for almost two years he has only just reached the point to where he is adequate, so Chemar is right about ts needing more mag. I do have info on mag spread out through the day is not harmful in doses 400-1000mg (for an adult) I do believe this is another reason Bonnie has the supps spread out.

Good luck I hope you find all you answers here.

CP

Hi,

My son is nine, and he's about 67lbs. We use 500mg of Mag/Taurine from Cardiovascular Research. I break this up to 250mg in the morning and 250 in the evening. When I tried cutting back, I saw some of the ticcing come back. For now, I'm not going to try and cut back especially with the summer coming and the pool/chlorine issues.

Hope this helps.

Jane