ACN Latitudes Forums

finger and toe nails

CP,

I think this may have some info that you would be interested in. I'm highlighting this part, as the first time you mentioned it, I had no clue what it was referring to.

I want to mention too, that with a CBS mutation (which I'm assuming we probably have) I read on the Yasko forum where you want to have 1 meal per day containing protein. The fact that the need for amino acids, which I think they are referring to the amino's that you would get from eating red meat (?) are important, but the inability to keep ammonia levels in check is problematic. Again, it occus to me that this is almost exactly what my son has done on his own. He has limited his protein intake. There is a specific ammonia protocol layed out on the forum.

Ok, this was the part of this article that I want to post for you. I'm still looking for a good thread or info on the sodium potassium ratio. I found one, but it refers to high potassium and high sodium. I'll leave the link. You may see something there, that I'm not picking up on.

If I'm reading this right relating to the ammonia was his Energy markers high in both Cis-Aconitate and Isocitrate.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:P8tYw...;cd=7&gl=us

24, 25, 26. Citrate, cis-Aconitate, and Isocitrateare involved in both energy production and removal of toxic ammonia. High levels can indicate ammonia toxicity. Chronic loss of these valuable compounds can contribute to loss of organ reserve and disturbances in neurological function. If they are low they can indicate a need for essential amino acids, especially arginine.

This is the thread that was talking about sodium/potassium on Yasko

http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB2/vie...potassium+ratio

Want to mention too.....there are SEVERAL places that talk about balancing glutamate and GABA as a first step. These references are in regards to autism, but I'm

really starting to have a new interest in GABA. I'm not recommending everyone start taking a lot of GABA, but it does look like something that could be more helpful/important than what I thought.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kim,

That is the best I have seen to help explain some of these results.

Yes, Vanilmandelate is one of the markers I was looking into for evaluating stress issues with him.

In addition to his base amounts for a multi, his units added is 1000mg of arginine. I was afraid to add the arginine at that high a dose, do you know how arginine might effect his tics?

Because he is a fast-mixed oxidizer his dietary plan is for meat high in fats, like lamb, duck, goose, beef, to help sustain energy. Do you see something in the fast oxidizor who metabolizes food at a faster rate. I have not been able to figure out the excessive activity of the adrenal and thyroid glands in a fast oxidizer yet.

Thanks again that was very good.

cp