ACN Latitudes Forums

Focus Issues

Hi Kallik,

I forgot how old your child is? I was told that when they get to pre-puberty/puberty their hormones naturally take over and the education takes a back seat. My son was still able to understand what he was learning even during the year of screaming. I did give him salmon three times a week. Maybe he can get his fish oil from fish, and not the supplement. My son has only 2 C's total for the three quarters on his report card. And I really think the fish helped, because he hates civics, but has done well.

Good luck,

C.P.

Can you give ginko also with Sam-E? If so, do you give both daily, or is the ginko or Sam-E just "as needed."

Emma,

Can you tell me anything more about the Sam-E like where it fits in here? What are you using that for and do you think it has helped any?

Thanks

Faith

Hi faith

samE is S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine, and so a compounded form of methionine and is helpful for mood/OCD etc

Natural Library info on samE

other info

S-Adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe) is a naturally occurring molecule distributed to virtually all body tissues and fluids. It is of fundamental importance in a number of biochemical reactions involving enzymatic transmethylation, contributing to the synthesis, activation and/or metabolism of such compounds as hormones, neurotransmitters, nucleic acids, proteins, phospholipids and certain drugs

S-adenosyl-l-methionine (SAMe) is a derivative of methionine and a cofactor for multiple synthetic pathways.

SAMe is said to be effective for treatment of depression, osteoarthritis, and liver disorders. It is a platelet inhibitor in vitro.

Can you give ginko also with Sam-E? If so, do you give both daily, or is the ginko or Sam-E just "as needed."

Hi Emma

we used daily Gingko and methionine with no problems and I dont see anything saying it shouldnt be used with samE either

hoever

as with all supps that boost serotonin, samE and methionine should not be used with SSRIs or other meds/supps that elevate serotonin without a physician's guidance as serotonin spiking can occur