ACN Latitudes Forums

Need help ...AGAIN lol

Hi everyone

I need a gluten free casein free bread machine recipe, the one I have in my bread makers book calls for dry milk and I dont think there is a good substitute for it.

Jenny

I don't have a recipe (but would love to get hold of one) but I can tell you that the Bobs Red Mill GF Wonderful Homemade bread mix is good. Sam is not having any milk, eggs, wheat, cheese or rice at the moment (based on IgG test results) so I was happy to find this. We use soy milk or oat milk, and Ener-G egg replacer in it. Sam loves it. It costs around $4 for a pack which makes one loaf. I noticed that Amazon sell it in bulk too.

Sue

Hi everyone

I need a gluten free casein free bread machine recipe, the one I have in my bread makers book calls for dry milk and I dont think there is a good substitute for it.

Jenny

I don't have a recipe (but would love to get hold of one) but I can tell you that the Bobs Red Mill GF Wonderful Homemade bread mix is good. Sam is not having any milk, eggs, wheat, cheese or rice at the moment (based on IgG test results) so I was happy to find this. We use soy milk or oat milk, and Ener-G egg replacer in it. Sam loves it. It costs around $4 for a pack which makes one loaf. I noticed that Amazon sell it in bulk too.

Sue

Thanks sue, yup Ive seen the bread mix. Im looking for a bread machine recipe in hopes that it will be cheaper than the bread mix itself. This kid will go through a loaf a day if you let her!

Here's a good recipe... hope your daughter likes it!.

Sunshine

Gluten Free Bread

3 large eggs

1 2/3 cups water

3 tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

2 tsp honey or molasses or combo of both

3 ¼ cups rice flour (or 2 cups brown and 1 ¼ cup white)

2 tsp egg replacer

2 tsp xantham gum

1 ½ tsp salt (optional)

½ cup skim milk powder

2 ½ tsp breadmaker yeast

Combine wet ingredients in bread maker pan.

In separate bowl, use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients except yeast.

Add dry ingredients to wet, but do not combine. Place pan in breadmaker.

Make a well in dry ingredients and add yeast.

Variations

· Works well without skim milk, although doesn’t rise quite as high

· Omit skim milk and replace with 1/3 cup of yoghurt, using only 1 1/3 cups of water.

· Add about a tablespoon of nuts and seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower)- whole or ground

Note: Xantham gum (acts as a binding agent) and egg replacer (acts as a rising agent) are available from health food shops or some larger grocery stores.

Here's a good recipe... hope your daughter likes it!.

Sunshine

Gluten Free Bread

3 large eggs

1 2/3 cups water

3 tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

2 tsp honey or molasses or combo of both

3 ¼ cups rice flour (or 2 cups brown and 1 ¼ cup white)

2 tsp egg replacer

2 tsp xantham gum

1 ½ tsp salt (optional)

½ cup skim milk powder

2 ½ tsp breadmaker yeast

Combine wet ingredients in bread maker pan.

In separate bowl, use a whisk to combine all dry ingredients except yeast.

Add dry ingredients to wet, but do not combine. Place pan in breadmaker.

Make a well in dry ingredients and add yeast.

Variations

· Works well without skim milk, although doesn’t rise quite as high

· Omit skim milk and replace with 1/3 cup of yoghurt, using only 1 1/3 cups of water.

· Add about a tablespoon of nuts and seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower)- whole or ground

Note: Xantham gum (acts as a binding agent) and egg replacer (acts as a rising agent) are available from health food shops or some larger grocery stores.

Do you know what size loaf it makes, I have to enter it into my breadmaker in order to make it work, the sizes I have to choose from are in pounds 1, 1.5, or 2

Hi Jenny,

Can your daughter have oat flour? If so, I just made a recipe that was not bad! Let me know if you want the recipe.

Debbie

I dont know if she can or not, we just started this whole gluten free thing

Hi Jenny,

We are new to this gluten free thing too. From what I understand, the problem with oats are that they are often cross contaminated and so many people who are gluten sensitive avoid them. My son was only mildly reactive to gluten when tested and did not react to oats at all. So for the time being, we were told its is ok to keep them in his diet.

Debbie