ACN Latitudes Forums

Gluten Free Baking Mix

JennyC

I have bought a gluten free / casein free cookbook. The recipes call for all types of different flours, sometimes 3 or more in one recipe and I understand thats because you need that many to balance eachother out texture wise and such however I found Bobs Red Mill baking flour which is a pre made mix of some flours. Does that work well to substitute as flour in all recipes?? (cakes, pancakes, breads, cookies etc?)

Jenny C-

I really like the Bob's flour mixure, and use it mostly to make muffins for my son. I add a variety of things: flavorings, jelly, nuts, falx seeds, peanut butter, ect to make them more interesting and change up the receipe.

it is nice to have hte bob's flour on hand to cut back on the prep time of mixing all the flours together. I also was a fan of the Bob's pancake mix, but it has corn and we are now also eliminating corn. If you can have corn, that mix has a good texture. I've also been using Sorghum flour and have a good pancake receipe that I came up with that if GFCF. I use Quinoa flour and ground flax seeds (mixed with some spices) as a batter for meats and fish.

I recently checked out about 10 GF books from the library and have used THE GLUTEN FREE GOURMET the most. It has an amazing pot pie receipe which my kids love and beg for me to make.

if there are specific receipes you are looking for .... email me and I can let you know what we liked ....

Happy Cooking!

Q's Mom

Jenny C-

I really like the Bob's flour mixure, and use it mostly to make muffins for my son. I add a variety of things: flavorings, jelly, nuts, falx seeds, peanut butter, ect to make them more interesting and change up the receipe.

it is nice to have hte bob's flour on hand to cut back on the prep time of mixing all the flours together. I also was a fan of the Bob's pancake mix, but it has corn and we are now also eliminating corn. If you can have corn, that mix has a good texture. I've also been using Sorghum flour and have a good pancake receipe that I came up with that if GFCF. I use Quinoa flour and ground flax seeds (mixed with some spices) as a batter for meats and fish.

I recently checked out about 10 GF books from the library and have used THE GLUTEN FREE GOURMET the most. It has an amazing pot pie receipe which my kids love and beg for me to make.

if there are specific receipes you are looking for .... email me and I can let you know what we liked ....

Happy Cooking!

Q's Mom

Thank you so much for replying. Im looking for bread machine recipes that are GF/CF I would love any yummy muffin or pancake recipes you have!