ACN Latitudes Forums

Okay Mommies (and Daddies) I need ya

JennyC

Yikes, thats is a tough one and I cant reply to it. But, I wondered, I know that some say tylenol is bad for most of our children. I believe most doctors prescribe it after adnoids or tonsils are removed. Is there something else they could use? Also, just a few foods that might work- popsicles, non dairy ice cream, hmm.. ive got nothing else. Does it have to be cold? Mashed potatoes?

I'm not to up on the Feingold, but remember pears and some apples are ok. I do bake cut up apples for my son, kind of like an apple pie without the crust. She could eat that warm or cold. You can do it with pears too. I make all kind of fruit sorbet for my son. If she can have raw honey spoonfuls of that would be tasty and healthy. Homemade broths maybe.

Good luck,

C.P.

I'm not to up on the Feingold, but remember pears and some apples are ok. I do bake cut up apples for my son, kind of like an apple pie without the crust. She could eat that warm or cold. You can do it with pears too. I make all kind of fruit sorbet for my son. If she can have raw honey spoonfuls of that would be tasty and healthy. Homemade broths maybe.

Good luck,

C.P.

could you tell me how to make fruit sorbet??

Jenny,

You need an ice cream maker, if you don't have one it is a great item to have. It is so easy to make sorbet. My ice cream maker has recipes in it for sorbet. I bet you could make lime, pear, and mango sorbets. I use the recipes from the Feast without yeast cookbook it uses honey and not sugar. (you might do better with the sugar)

I will give you a recipe that you could tweek if needed.

Blueberry Pear sorbet

2 pears peeled, cored and chopped

2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen (I think you could use more pears and forget the blueberries)

1/2 cup unprocessed clover honey

1 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into your ice cream maker and process according to ice cream maker directions.

I think you could play around with mangos too, keeping close to this recipe. You might have to add more honey/sugar to less sweet fruit and also extra water if sorbet starts to look too thick while turning in the ice cream maker.

My kids love ice cream and were so suprised the sorbet tasted real good.

I have the Cuisinart ice cream maker, so easy to work and clean.

C.P.