ACN Latitudes Forums

Arsenic

kallik

In my son''s hair heavy metals test, the test said he is high in arsenic. We have a doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday, to talk over the results. I feel the need to get our well water tested, does anyone know who to contact to come out and test it for us? We live in the Galveston, Texas area. Does anyone know any other things we could check out that might be the cause of high arsenic levels? Thanks.

Hi Kallik

wood is frequently treated with arsenic

a number of outdoor playgrounds here in central florida were replaced because they were made of wood with high arsenic levels.

the environmental protection agency may have info for you re testing your well

a Google Search also brought up a lot of links for testing in Texas

Kallik,

Our local Health Dept has an office where you can take samples of well water for testing.

Chickens were testing high for arsenic. I think they were being contaminated from feed.

As you said, well water or even municipal water supplies.

http://www.epa.gov/OGWDW/arsenic/basicinformation.html#seven

Approximately 90 percent of industrial arsenic in the U.S. is currently used as a wood preservative, but arsenic is also used in paints, dyes, metals, drugs, soaps and semi-conductors. High arsenic levels can also come from certain fertilizers and animal feeding operations. Industry practices such as copper smelting, mining and coal burning also contribute to arsenic in our environment.