ACN Latitudes Forums

Rebounder - mini trampoline

patty

I've finally bought a mini rebounder for the kids and me after months of thinking about it. I read that 10-15 minutes a day can stimulate & strengthen cells and stimulate the lymphatic system. As the lymphatic system can only be stimulated by the up & down jumping motion. This is very beneficial for detoxing.

About a year ago, my son had swollen lymph nodes on his neck and that seem to be eliminated via chiropractic, CST and NAET. He used to tic when i tried to rub the swollen lymph nodes.

Sorry for the the rambling...

Has anyone tried a bounder? Any impact on the tics? I don't know if this is coincidential, the next day after my son tried the rebounder ( about 5 minutes spreaded out thru out the day ), he started facial tics, most i have seen for almost a year ( in term of frequency and # of times ). Also, the day he started with facial tics, he came down with a bad cold. However, illness has never have any impact on his tics until now. :wacko:

Pat

I bought Isa a mini trampoline with full enclosure to help her with her sensory cravings. Its been wonderful, I havent noticed an increase of tics and she didnt get sick but I do know that exercising regularly boosts your immune system BUT right after a work out (in this case the trampoline) your immune system is temporarily suppressed for a couple of hours following your work out. I know this is true for adults so Im guessing probably true for kids. Maybe he was fighting something off and that dip in his immune system was enough for him to get the cold. Not sure if thats the case for him or if it helps you but I thought Id put it out there.

Hi Patty,

Forgive me, I'm not exactly clear on what you're asking. Could you clarify for me? Are you saying you "recently" got a rebounder and this is what happened (tics after using it)? Or are you saying you think the trampoline is a good thing? Or are you thinking the facial tic is a result of using this for the past year? Are things still going pretty well, or is this a new setback?

Are you guys talking about a small mini rebounder or like a 14' round trampoline for the yard with the net around it?

I have been contemplating getting one for my son (the big kind) as a couple of his friends have it and I love that it occupies them for long periods of time. ^_^ I can't say I've really paid attention to the tics after he's been on his friend's, but I will next time.

Thanks

Faith

I actually got my daughter a mini version of the 14 footer. Hers is about 5 feet around and is fully enclosed with a net. I put it up in her room (she doesnt use it without supervision). I bought it because she craves movement and would throw herself into the walls, the floor, the couch etc. So now when she starts up I put her in her trampoline and turn some music on, in about 10 minutes she is calm again. I love it.

FYI. My son's facial tics were triggered by his cold. His nose has became red and raw from blowing his nose (this has never happened from previous colds) and it triggered his facial tics. As his nose is healing, the tics are disappearing.

I wonder how i can desensitize him from his facial sensories? I am alittle concern about extracting one of his tooth and getting him braces probably this summer. Any suggestions?

Pat

FYI. My son's facial tics were triggered by his cold. His nose has became red and raw from blowing his nose (this has never happened from previous colds) and it triggered his facial tics. As his nose is healing, the tics are disappearing.

I wonder how i can desensitize him from his facial sensories? I am alittle concern about extracting one of his tooth and getting him braces probably this summer. Any suggestions?

Pat

I've been wondering the same thing! We're thinking of getting braces on ds this summer, too. I wonder what this will do to his very sensitive system. I know that Chemar's son reacts to anything 'toothy' with more tics but I don't know if all the kids are like this!?

My ds also has tics that can be triggered by colds, his long hair, etc. I guess it's a sensory thing our kids have.

Bonnie

Patty and Bonnie,

I think almost all orthodontic work begins with spacers. They are in for about a week. Your boys' reactions to the spacers should let you know if this type of dental work will affect their tics. I would suggest discussing your concerns with the orthodontist beforehand and working out a deal where you can opt out after the spacers and not be obligated. Maybe try a mouth guard from a sporting goods store, or buy a cheap over-the-counter teeth bleaching kit that has a dental tray or form in it.

Tami

My so is schedualed to get braces in June. We have been talking to his Ortho. for 2 years now. Mostly because he had to have so many teeth pulled and adult teeth to come in before she could start.

Patty my son had no problems having teeth pulled.

When I talked to her about my concerns, she said "Oh I see" and offered we start in the summer while he is out of school.

Thanks for the spacers tip Tami.

C.P.