ACN Latitudes Forums

Feingold

For those of you who have followed the Feingold program, I would really appreciate your input.

I put my daughter on it 3 weeks ago, not all of her issues are taken care of but they are more manageable and she hasnt had a night terror in 3 weeks, although she has more tics now. My question is , do your kids have days where they are just totally off the wall hyper and loud despite following the diet? She still has days where I think I may lose my mind but Im sure that she hasnt had anything off the program. Any input?

We switched to the Feingold diet about 2 years ago. There were no instant changes either way, but on looking back 2-3 months after we had started, we could see how much Sam's overall temperament had improved. After only 3 weeks, I wouldn't worry about any 'off' days. For us, it was just a gradual improvement. His tics didn't go away but were more mild, but his anger and irritability were more of an issue to us and they were definitely helped by the diet over the long term. I strongly encourage you to stay with it - it's just a healthier way of eating for the whole family anyway!

Sams mom

After learning what our non natural food is made of I will never switch from the Feingold diet even if it werent helping. Trust me, I myself stray from it (my daughter never does) but dang I cant pass up General Tsos chicken. But Ive noticed something in myself too. I normally get migraines daily, now I only get them when Ive had something thats not natural.

Now that someone has mentioned it. When I was not watching my diet I never noticed anything with how I felt after eating junk. I also have never been on any medication or had an antibiotic my entire life. I could go years without getting sick. (did not eat much meat, and love fruit and vegetables)

Now that I have cleaned up what I eat, the only thing I notice is, I get sleepy after I have eaten out. (MSG I'm guessing) I never had that before, I guess my body has changed and now I react to the toxens.

Funny I just read about food and how some look like parts of the body they help. ie: carrots slice it it looks like and eye. Tomatoes has four chambers, just like your heart. Onions look like cells. ect... Very interesting.

C.P.