ACN Latitudes Forums

celiac/gluten

Hi , I'm looking over my daughers comprehensive stool test and digestion and absorption is in normal range. My doctor told me to observe what my daughter 's is eating. Yesterday she came home form school, she had small package of organic cookies (gluten), then she had whole wheat goldfish, then for dinner we had ravioli's(no sauce).

She had all Carb's, 5 minutes after the ravioli's she doing the Huh sound for about 15 minutes.

Then she gets nauseas, then half hour later belches and she feel fine.

Shes says she gets that all the time when she eats to much. I always noticed that too. Never really pin pointed it to carbs. Her digestion and absorption came out fine. My question is celiacs have malabsorbtion, so does that rule out celiac? What's the difference between celiac and gluten intolerence?I don't know if you read my previous post on her SigA results which is means : Secretary igA is secreated by mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue and represents the first line of defense of the GI mucosa and is central to the normal function of the GI as immune barier. Elvated levels of sigA have been asssocited with an upreglated immune responce. normal range 51-204 mg/dl she got 446. I started researching celiac because of these ranges but then she normal on the digestion so, im confused. Do you think she could be celiac/gluten intolerence?

Like always thanks for your help! Maryann

PS> She also started the probiotics yesterday morning. I thought of that being something different but it was right after she ate so I don't know. I can't wait ro speak to her doctor , I want the IGG test this is to hard to figure out. Thanks again

Hi Maryann

I had to reply because my son, if he eats pasta (I think it's the overload of carbs) also starts to react. I think because the carbs go to sugar in the body, it creates an excess of energy which of course would effects tics. So I have to really limit how much pasta he eats. I know for me.....Pasta effects me too....I do not have TS but I can still feel in my body that I feel slightly agitated after pasta...wierd!

Hi Maryann

I had to reply because my son, if he eats pasta (I think it's the overload of carbs) also starts to react. I think because the carbs go to sugar in the body, it creates an excess of energy which of course would effects tics. So I have to really limit how much pasta he eats. I know for me.....Pasta effects me too....I do not have TS but I can still feel in my body that I feel slightly agitated after pasta...wierd!

Hi That makes sense. My sister and I get blurred vision from sugar. I never thought of it that way, energy and the sugar itself, thanks.