ACN Latitudes Forums

Finished with chelation

Hi Everyone,

I just thought that I'd update you on my chelation experience. I finished up chelation therapy last weekend with oral DMSA & ALA after chelating for about 2 1/2 years. I was still showing some heavy metals to be coming out, but nothing too high.

I've also stopped my allergy shots for a while. I'm still doing well and my tics are mild. I plan to get back on the allergy shots in the future.

I am continuing with supplements, gluten/soy/dairy free meals, and acupuncture.

Carolyn

Congratulations, Carolyn. You must feel great knowing it is out of your body. Could you give us relatively new folks more details? How often did you chelate? What metals were targeted? How did it feel? Were there exacerbations or just improvements? Of particular interest to me, what agent was used for aluminum? I am glad to know you feel it helped. I'll bet you continue to improve as your body adjusts to life without metal overload.

Thank you,

Tami

I first had my mercury fillings removed from my teeth. I chelated with Transdermal DMPS every weekend. I applied it every 4 hours for 3 days and then rested for 4 days. Repeat ... I switched to oral DMSA & ALA last December. We saw a lot of Uranium, Tungsten, Cadmium, Bismuth, Nickel. We also saw some mercury, lead, aluminum, etc. At times I felt really sick with headaches, fatigue, constant colds, etc. With time & individualizing the chelation protocol things got better.

I never really saw any improvements in tics. The huge improvements came in my sensory issues. Before chelation I would only eat apples and grapes for fruits. I would also only eat potatoes, corn, and green beans for veggies. Now I will eat apples, grapes, bananas, oranges, cherries, grapefruit, all mellons, cantaloupe, and pineapple. I've tried kewi and strawberries, but the seeds make me gag(texture thing). For veggies, I will now eat corn, potatoes, green beans, lettuce, kale, broccoli, zucchini, cucumbers, and carrots. I also eat things with buckwheat, rice, quinoa, and millet flour along with rice, almond, hemp, and hazelnut milk. These food improvements were huge!

The only tic related thing that I saw was when I chelated Friday-Monday morning. Around Wednesday through about Saturday I would have this lip licking tic/stimming thing going on. It's happened consistently each week that I've chelated, and I don't know why. I'm hoping that it will stop happening now that I'm stopping chelation, but it was clearly related to chelation some how.

We didn't specifically target aluminum. I've added some of my past posts that contain updates on the chelation therapy for the entire time I chelated. I've also updated my test results onto a page that's listed below, but I have the last few result pages to still scan on to the site.

Chelation Update 1

Chelation Update 2

Chelation Update 3

Chelation Therapy Results

Carolyn

Carolyn.

It's so nice when you drop in. You're missed!

If I could choose btwn my son eating normally and tics, I know what I would choose. I'm sure my son would agree. We were just discussing what his career would be. He said (get this) "a food critic." He can name every spice, herb, temperature that you broil, braze, bake, etc. He know every single chief on the cooking channel and how often they win. He knows what knives they use. We agreed that he would have to rate on visual appearance and smell.

I'm so glad that those improvements have stuck for you.

Thanks for the updated docs.

Carolyn,

It is good to hear from you and thx for your chelation update.

I am glad to hear that chelation has helped your sensory issues. This is HUGE and it is so important to be able to eat a wide variety of food to nourish your body and mind. I hope the extra nutrients that you are consuming will bring you some delightful health suprises!

Cheers! Here is a carrot to you!

Patty