ACN Latitudes Forums

Singulair alert

Chemar

I dont know if any here use this allergy med but I got this in today in my First Watch newsletter

FDA is investigating a possible association between the use of Singulair and behavior/mood changes, suicidality (suicidal thinking and behavior) and suicide. Singulair is a medicine in the drug class known as leukotriene receptor antagonists. Singulair is used to treat asthma and the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, itching of the nose) and to prevent exercise-induced asthma.

here is the full text of the article

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/early_comm/montelukast.htm

My daughter (12 yrs) has been using Singulair and Zyrtec for years. I'm going to take her off the Singulair and see if I see a difference in her tics or anxiety. She has asthma (cold and exercise induced) - We're in between sports seasons now, so it's a good time to try to see if she can do without it......I'll let you know.....

Bcase

bcase,

My son had asthma (cold induced) and allergies and was on Singulair & Claritin off & on for about 9 mos. During this time, he became constipated, and when he did have a bowel movement, it was unproductive. He used to have a daily productive bowel before using Singulair. It took me about a year to have him regular again after stopping the med.

Do you have similar experience with your daughter?

When we treated my son's food allergies via NAET, his asthma went away. It also slightly improved his nasal allergies. We have been treating his environment allergies off & on for the past year and it has helped alot. Keep in mind, my son used to be on flonase because his nose was imflamed and he had trouble breathing. Now he is med-free.

I also give him local raw honey for his allergies and it seems to help mildly.

Pat

I dont know if any here use this allergy med but I got this in today in my First Watch newsletter

FDA is investigating a possible association between the use of Singulair and behavior/mood changes, suicidality (suicidal thinking and behavior) and suicide. Singulair is a medicine in the drug class known as leukotriene receptor antagonists. Singulair is used to treat asthma and the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, itching of the nose) and to prevent exercise-induced asthma.

here is the full text of the article

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/early_comm/montelukast.htm

Thanks, Chemar, for the info. I was given a scrip for this for myself but never filled it. Glad I didn't!