ACN Latitudes Forums

Water;

Glad you spotted that MaryAnn. I just know that sucralose/splenda sets off both my son's tics and his Crohn's, so wanted to give the heads up. I suspect it is the chlorine that is in sucralose that affects my son as he is super sensitive to chlorine.

Dr Mercola has a lot of info on splenda.

especially for those with neuro or GIT disorders it just doesnt seem to be a good additive

Try chamomille tea, or a drop of peppermint oil in the water. My son also likes to add a bit of the pure Knudsen Farms Cranberry juice to it. And yes, he has liked a few drops of pure maple syrup in too, as well as honey & lemon

there really are a lot of ways to flavor the good water.

also re reverse osmosis...there are easy faucet connecting portable units available now which can be helpful if one doesnt want to get into plumbing etc.

pure spring water would always be best I think if one could be *sure* it is pure :)

Now that all the traces of medications etc are confirmed in the tap water supply most places ..... I dont even rinse the produce under the cold water tap anymore but use a large clean basin of spring water and a collander to dip and shake the fruits and veggies clean.

Yes, that is true about reverse osmosis....you might need to supplement some essential minerals....because they do strip everything out of the water....which I think is great....I'd rather it be stripped and add to it myself. Good post!!

I agree with you too about if your child gets thirsty enough they will drink water! I don't think that is cruel at all.....it's called LOVE! You want what is best for them even if they don't understand yet....one day they will understand....the thank you may not come now....but will come later!!

jasminky,

Thx for posting on the water issue. As i have done my research on the subject and agreed with you about RO water. If you are drinking RO water, it is important to add the minerals back.

I am looking for a good spring water. May i ask what is a reliable brand of spring water? Can you also recommend a good brand for tub filter & shower filter (my son was tested sensitive to chlorine & chlorimine ( the odorless chlorine that is added to our drinking water ).

Thx!

Pat

Last summer I did a little research and ordered the aquasana shower filter- we have been happy with it and it was easy to install. The replacement filters are a little costly though. We are probably due for one now.

I would also like a recommendation for good spring water!

Mary

Thought I'd mention we have the "Aquasana" water filter, Tom's mom, do you use that too, or just for the shower?

I got this after doing some research and it sounded pretty good. It was about $99, I think, but you do have to buy replacement filter for future, I think it lasts about six months. How much is the shower filter?

Hello -- I bought the Aquasana water filtration system for the faucet and after finally getting all the treads right when installing the filters for the first time (which took a while), we used the filter for six months. However, when changing the filters at the six month mark (when recommended) in attempting to remove the old filters, I found it impossible to do so. Both taking off the filter covers and physically getting the filters out was impossible. I had to throw away the water system without replacing the filters because I could not get the filters out fully (one part was stuck at the end that you cannot reach). Also, it's important to keep in mind that you should not 1) run hot water through the system and 2) if you go away for a few days, you need to run water through the system for a long time. Also, the filters themselves are very expensive. I would not recommend this sytem as it was a big disappointment.

Faith,

The shower filter is about 68.00. The replacement cartridges are 42.00 if you sign up to have them sent every 6 months. I just ordered one so I hope we have better luck with it than JBC!

We ordered the counter top water filter but it did not fit on our faucet- I should have realized it wouldn't - anyway we thought about getting the under the sink mounted system but I just ended up getting a pur water pitcher and I also buy a lot of bottled spring water. With 4 kids we go through a lot so I'm not sure this is the most economical solution. I've often wondered if getting a water cooler where they deliver the spring water would be a good idea - does anyone out there have experience with this?!

Thanks,

Mary