ACN Latitudes Forums

GABA/N-Acetyl Cysteine and Acetl L Carnitine DOSAGE?

My son't tics have been minor latley, but I bought more supplements anyways!!! (Crazy Lady here!!!) -_-

I have both of the above. I found a website that said 50-60mg is ideal for N-Acetyl....these pills are 600 mg capsules!

I have not found anything on Acetyl Lcarnitine....any suggestions?

GABA is something that I gave him before, but it was a mixed pill. I bought just Gaba at 750mg and think that he should be at about 250mg?????

These are additions to the B/Flax Oil/Calcium Citrate/Magnesium Taurine that I have him on.

Tracey,

Regarding the Acetyl-L-Cysteine, my son Daniel who is 52 pounds and 7 1/2 years old, is taking a 1/4 teaspoon twice a day. A 1/4 teaspoon equals 800 mg. I just bought some at the store tonight and it is 600 mg. So I am planning on giving him two 600 mg twice a day. My doctors office did say to increase your water intake while taking this product. I notice my bottle says to take one a day. So I don't know if my doctor is suggesting is in the "extreme" amount of what should be taken or if that is actually standard.

My son Daniel is on GABA too. But I buy it also through the same doctors I bought the Acetyl-L-Cysteine through and I do not know the exact mg dose for the 1/4 tsp twice a day I am giving him.

Hope this helps you figure some of out what you need.

Carolyn N.