ACN Latitudes Forums

article on MMR & Autism link

Guest christie

Guest christie

Row over new 'link' between MMR jab and autism

Anushka Asthana

Sunday November 2, 2003

The Observer http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0...1076203,00.html

The row over the MMR vaccination deepened yesterday when the doctor at the centre of the controversy published fresh evidence of a possible link between the immunisation and autism.

Dr Andrew Wakefield released the paper earlier than planned following a dispute with Dr Simon Murch, a co-author of the original research that triggered a nationwide scare about the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine in 1998.

Murch had reignited the debate by writing a letter in the Lancet on Friday stating there was no evidence of a link between the MMR vaccine and rising levels of autism among children and warning that low rates of vaccination could lead to a measles epidemic.

But Wakefield responded by publishing his latest findings in the Journal of Clinical Immunology, providing what he claims is new evidence of a link. Several studies have found a link between autism and an inflammation in the intestine; Wakefield's study suggests that this may be caused by a virus, possibly linked to the MMR vaccine.

Murch worked with Wakefield on the research and both names were on the proof copy. But Murch and others withdrew their names.

Wakefield claims that Murch's comments and his decision to pull out of the research were due to pressure from the Royal Free Medical School, where he is a consultant paediatric gastroenterologist.

Murch denied this: 'I have withdrawn because the data was being justified in a way I couldn't agree with. All the work I have done shows evidence of subtle inflammation of the intestine in many but not all autistic children. But people were taking that as further evidence of a link with MMR that we never claimed and unwittingly we were adding fuel to the fire.'

Wakefield hit back: 'He cannot make that claim because he signed up to have it published. We were not going to publicise this but after what Simon Murch said we did. He is distancing himself because of the hierarchy where he works.'

Some parents are angry at Murch's claims. Rosemary Kessick insists her autistic son William was normal before receiving the MMR jab. She said: 'It is one person's opinion. This controversy is not going to go away until the facts have been heard and the medical dogma is brushed aside.'

Wakefield said: 'I am not saying there is definitely a link but I am convinced of an urgent reason to investigate this. The case is very strong. This must be resolved scientifically and not politically.'

• 2 months later...
Guest chris hardy

Mercury as the vaccine preservative (now banned in the USA vaccines) is one of the principal causes of Autism and related diseases.... PLEASE PLEASE TYPE IN 'nanocolloidal detox factors ' on any web search for a vital means of detoxing mercury from the mercury toxic child or adult as the case may be! THe USA will succeed in the courts in proving that mercury in vaccines causes autism...

What can you tell us about nanocololidal detox? Do you have personal experience Chris??

I'm confident this vaccine issue will all come to light, though it may take a while. There are too many angry parents who know they are right--they won't be shut out. The politics will be intense, but truth will prevail.

We know Prime Minister Blair hasn't discussed his child's vaccine history. It would be interesting to know what some of these vaccine decisions makers do, or don't do, with their own children. It's like the doctors who insist nutrients won't help their patients, only drugs, then they go home and take a handful of vitamins.

• 1 month later...
Guest chris hardy

Hi june -I have experience of usin NDF myself before dring and after Mercury filling removal to assist in my recovery from ME .. perhaps this is adult Autism !.. I am improving considerably. .. Please contact 'Higher Nature for a list of UK practitioners using NDF.. I have been using Dr David Smallbone of Buxton who also treats vaccine damaged childern.. Tel 01298 24507 for an appointmnt... you will not be dissapointed..He has a wealth of experince and qualifications and treats lots of autistic kids by amongst other things removing the mercury from their systems introduced by well meaning but ignorant doctors who administer the mercury in the form of the preservtive 'thimerosal' in MMR and other vaccines.. which is now banned in the USA pending massive litigation! Good luck.. Chris.