ACN Latitudes Forums

Kids Calm vs. Magnesium Taurine

Mag taurate has been great for many on this board, but I have never tried it on my daughter. What is unique/good about Kids Calm is the absorbability. First, it is magnesium citrate (and ascorbate), which is known to be an absorbable form. On top of that, the man who "invented" Kids Calm made it the first to be dissolvable in hot water, which apparently adds significantly to how absorbable it is. All I know is when I, myself, take it, I REALLY notice the effects with a dose of only 200mg, so my body must be getting most of it!

Hope this helps.

Calicat

Hi Tracey -

I did some research on magensium and its benefits, and i have both Kids Calm, which is a great product for its absorbability as Calicat said, and Floradix, which is only magnesium citrate and gluconate, in a plant based extract, all natural. It is pretty expensive, but it is supposed to be excellent. I also read that if possible its best to give magenesium without lots of other minerals or vitamins with it, for absorption. I give 250 mg to my 8 yr old every morning on an empty stomach.

I looked up kids calm and it looks like magnesium/C/ and zinc. I give my son magnesium taurine now. What is different about the kid's calm? I do not give him C or Zinc YET!!!! Thanks for any input.

Hi Tracey -

I did some research on magensium and its benefits, and i have both Kids Calm, which is a great product for its absorbability as Calicat said, and Floradix, which is only magnesium citrate and gluconate, in a plant based extract, all natural. It is pretty expensive, but it is supposed to be excellent. I also read that if possible its best to give magenesium without lots of other minerals or vitamins with it, for absorption. I give 250 mg to my 8 yr old every morning on an empty stomach.

I looked up kids calm and it looks like magnesium/C/ and zinc. I give my son magnesium taurine now. What is different about the kid's calm? I do not give him C or Zinc YET!!!! Thanks for any input.

Just wanted to add that I give my son both the kids calm and the Floradix(you can find it online through vitacost for much less than some other places). I give him the floradix in the AM and the kidscalm at night before bed. I love both products but I wanted his bedtime magnesium to be 'just magnesium'. I love the floradix b/c it's easily absorbed and doesn't upset his stomach and we all love the taste. I give him the cal/mag/zinc/vitamin D Floradix, btw!

I give my son the "Floradix Magnesium" - ALL it has is mag. I went to the store and this was the only product that only had only mag. for its ingredient. Floradix has other combos, but it also has this singular formula. I pay $22 for 8.5 oz bottle. I wish i could remember better what I was told about the importance of giving the magnesium ALONE....in any case thats why i bought the Floradix. At night I give my son Zinc Supreme which is zinc, B6 and taurine and is calming, along with melatonin or he wouldnt sleep. A huge coincidence is that my sons physical tics stopped 2 days after we started the Floradix regimen, and thus far have not returned. It has been 1 month and 12 days. Of course, we have gone even longer than that in the past with zero tics WAY before we started eating naturally and taking supps. SO, i have no idea if the pure magnesium is the reason, but it sure cant hurt.

[Just wanted to add that I give my son both the kids calm and the Floradix(you can find it online through vitacost for much less than some other places). I give him the floradix in the AM and the kidscalm at night before bed. I love both products but I wanted his bedtime magnesium to be 'just magnesium'. I love the floradix b/c it's easily absorbed and doesn't upset his stomach and we all love the taste. I give him the cal/mag/zinc/vitamin D Floradix, btw!