ACN Latitudes Forums

FUN THREAD

Nan

Hi Nan!

Ok...

1. I write children's books, articles, songs, etc.

2. I love singing along to music and playing the piano.

3. Every year on my birthday, I plan a big, exotic menu and cook all day, 'cause I love to cook.

4. I read a lot.

5. I love bugs. Last summer we raised a handful of monarchs and released them. Also raise a Great Spangled Frittilary and various pretty moths. We had this gorgeous praying mantis for a month last summer and had to find him a live bug every day (not my favourite part, but he was a sweetie!)

6. I'm Canadian.

7. I love to rollerblade.

ok... who else? I'd love to know more about all these friends I've gotten to know this year!

This is interesting.

I am a stay at home mom for the past eight years. I used to teach elementary education grades four and three. I do have the perfect Sun. job though. I work in the children's department of the library only on Sunday afternoons. I almost have my masters in Library and Information Technology from Kent State. I have four kids, three girls and a boy, ages 12,8,5,1, and a Yorkshire Terrior age 3. I listen to country music.

Michele

Hi Nan!

Ok...

1. I write children's books, articles, songs, etc.

2. I love singing along to music and playing the piano.

3. Every year on my birthday, I plan a big, exotic menu and cook all day, 'cause I love to cook.

4. I read a lot.

5. I love bugs. Last summer we raised a handful of monarchs and released them. Also raise a Great Spangled Frittilary and various pretty moths. We had this gorgeous praying mantis for a month last summer and had to find him a live bug every day (not my favourite part, but he was a sweetie!)

6. I'm Canadian.

7. I love to rollerblade.

ok... who else? I'd love to know more about all these friends I've gotten to know this year!

I was born a Catholic, and rediscovered my faith 13 years ago.

I have been a stay at home mom for 13 years, until this past summer, I work only 9 hours a week, just to help with the raw milk and organic food.

I have been homeschooling for a total of 6 years.

I love to travel, but have only been to Mexico outside of the U.S.

I'm 5 foot 4 inches tall, have brown and green eyes, short dark brown hair. I'm 1/2 mexican from my mom's side, on my dad's I'm Irish, German, and English, and the ancestors on my dad's side were on the Mayflower when they came to the U.S.

My dream is to retire with my husband in Southern VA or N.C. and build a log home.

C.P.

I worked in the Emergency Services field as an EMT/Firefighter, I also did some time as a dispatcher as well as a hospital officer. I was a military wife for about 6 years as well and was the head of my husbands company Family Readiness Group at Ft Drum. (my husband is now out)

I love to cook.

I love crafts.

I love to work out.

I cant find a darned job for the life of me to fit into our families schedules. For those of you who only work one afternoon or a few hours a week, how in the world did you find it??

Hi everyone,

Please share something about yourself that others here don't know. It could be anything that you are comfortable sharing with others.

- Nan

Hi Nan,

Nice to take our minds off things good idea!

I am 50something ^_^ I have 2 children and 3 grandchildren. I love Nascar try to get to as many races as I can. I drove stock cars many moons ago at Ascot Park in Gardena Ca B)

I have been a fan of Nascar for 30 years love that sport!

I lived most of my life in CA, spent some time in Texas, finally settled down in AZ.

I love to cook and out door sports any kind as long as I can get out in the sunshine.

Thats about it for me :blink:

Let's see,

I live in CA and have all my life.

I teach geometry at one of our local high schools and have dream hours - 7 to 11 a.m. - which allows me to be a mom in the afternoon (definitely the more worrisome, yet rewarding, job!)

I have started yoga which astounds me. I am not a yoga person but my son's patient care coordinator at Children's recommended it to me when she saw I was on emotional overload. I love, love, love it - even though I will probably always remain a beginner. Makes me feel great.

I love to read and I love to write. I just read "Eat, Pray, Love" and now want to travel.

I am a sometimes seller on eBay. My oldest son has ulcerative colitis and it became a way to pay for his supplements. I love to go to garage sales and seem to have a strong sense of finding things that will sell. Now that I am looking for supplements for Mr. 8 yr old - I guess I'll continue ebaying!

I have a sweet husband who plays endless hours of sports with all our boys and wears them out thoroughly (I am not an outdoors person so I appreciate this beyond measure). I have three beautiful, loving, and always interesting, boys. I am a good listener and I have some absolutely dear friends. I feel like, despite some hard things happening, I have been very fortunate in my life.

Heather

OK, here goes.

Born in Brooklyn, married at 19 and settled in NJ.

I'm 31 with 4 children (1 girl and 3 boys).

I have my own web design business and work out of my home-office. It's been about 7 years now.

Love to travel. I've been to Europe quite a bit, but like Chemar, hope to make it to the far east one day.

Nice to get to know you all!

Great idea, Nan.

Ok, here goes:

I have lived here in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona for 13 years. I grew up on the East Coast, was born in NJ but went to college in MD.

Once I moved to AZ I got a job as a stock broker and worked crazy hours but loved it. When ds was born I decided I wanted to stay home so I have been home ever since.

When ds was 2 I knew I needed an outlet so I took up exercising. I eventually got certified and started teaching step aerobics and conditioning classes at various gyms here. Then when my knees started to have trouble I took up yoga. I am now only teaching yoga and I LOVE it! I also play tennis, love to walk and bike ride around the neighborhood, and hike the beautiful desert here.

We love to travel and homeschooling has given us the opportunity to do that more frequently since we don't have to worry about the school breaks, etc.

So far we've traveled to Paris and to Italy(mostly Tuscany and Rome), the Cayman Islands, Mexico, and Jamaica. We've also had trips to Seattle, NYC, Orlando, Santa Fe(for skiing), Washington, DC, and the mountains of CO(many times over), and most of CA.

I have one child, 2 dogs, and a husband who works out of the home. So, we're all together all the time! :)

My dream is to retire to VA or NC to be closer to my family and have a nice piece of property so I can grow my own vegetables, etc. My mother lives in VA and has a farm that we visit yearly. She has beehives and sells her honey. She also has chickens and sells the eggs or sells the chickens if they're roasters(depends on the season). She raises all her own organic vegetables and some fruits: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples, peaches, plums, and sometimes melons. I learn so much from her each time we go visit!

Hi! Having only joined today nobody knows much about me yet :blink:

i live in canada and love it here- thank god for universal health care!

i have been an RN for about 15 yrs, but i have always worked in gerontology so these kid medical issues are a bit of a mystery to me.

i have 3 girls, 3 cats, and a hubby that makes me sigh when i look at him (in a good way!)

my youngest girl is 8, now the hubby says he wants another baby. i think hes hoping for a boy although he swears thats not why.

oh- and i love beer and clamato- an aquired taste i would like to introduce to the south ^_^

Well, here goes...

* I worked as an acctng supervisor at an investment firm in CA B.K. (before kids). So i am pretty detailed, meticulous and orderly, until i have my 2 kids. I have been home since the birth of my oldest child.

* I love anything creative, making cards, jewelery making, decorating the house, cooking ( i am quit a foodie, i have a great appreciation for yummy & wholesome food ), etc.

* Love alternative medicine & nutrition.

* I spent most of my freetime reading cooking magazines, various form of alternative medicine, esp Chinese & homeopathy & energy treatment modalities & nutritional books. And of course, InStyle, Domino & People magazines.

* I love 40's & 50's custom jeweleries and i also collect fun and affordable collectibles, like 40's salt & pepper shakers, flower frogs or anything that are functional & fun to look at.

* Love photography, my favorite subject is my kids.

* Recently took a CST class, and i am hooked!! Currently I am looking into a Classicial homeopathic school. Went to the open house and felt right at home. I am very excited about this oppty.

* I love inspirational quotes. This year my theme is "If you live your life the right way, the dream will come to you. Randy Pausch"

* Love to garden and make pretty flower pots. Tried organic gardening for vegetables but have not been very successful.

* My favorite thing to do on weekend mornings is to snuggle with my 2 kids in bed and talk for an hour before getting up for breakfast.

* I wish there is more time in a day so i can pursue all my interests.

* My goal is to raise my kids to reach their potentials, be happy, have compassion, be grateful, think outside of the box and most of all, to love & respect yourself.

* Lastly, i am thankful for this forum for it has been my lifeline when i was at my lowest point. I don't know what i could have done w/o all of you out there, esp Chemar, CP, Kim, Carolyn and many others who have responsed to my many questions. My son's well being is largely due to the info i get from this forum. Mother Warriors Rock! Sorry, the Fathers out there rock too!!

I was shy to share, now i can't seem to stop. Thx for the encouragement CP.

Pat

Oh, I'm not really good at this, but I'll try. Really I was just enjoying reading and finding out more about you all. :)

I live in NY and lived in the same home all my life till I got married. Mother is an italian immigrant who came to America as a bride as my dad met her while stationed in Italy during WW2 and they married when the war was over.

I'm a stay at home mom of my one and only, but I worked for many years before I had him as I didn't get married till I was 31. I worked some years as a secretary in a couple of financial firms, and also spent some years as a flight attendant for a couple of smaller airlines.

I think the world we live in is way too complicated, we just have way too much available to us, that nothing seems novel anymore. I love the simplicity of the 60's, my husband makes fun of me that I like to watch shows like "I Love Lucy" or "The Partridge Family" or "Cheers" whenever I can find them. I love things that remind me of my childhood and the funny things I did with my friends while growing up.

I always have reading material on my nightstand and am starting to get way too attached to my laptop. I like to decorate and love to browse furniture stores, its kind of relaxing. I like to poke around neighborhood garage sales, and have a knack for finding some useful fill in pieces on the side of the road (hubby makes fun of me for that too!). I love a good bargain, and am good at "getting the look for less".

I love tropical island resorts, a good winter snowfall, rainy days, and sushi. Oh and I love a good conga line, (so 60's!) . I have no real natural talents to speak of, can't sing a tune, and for some reason can't seem to want to speak italian or any other foreign language, I just feel awkward. But I'm friendly and think I am good at making people feel comfortable and at ease. I try to be a good friend and am lucky to have some good people in my life. I have a great husband and our son is pretty much our world, he is the little love of our lives.

Well, that's about all I can think of. Earlier I tried asking my son what things HE thought I liked to do, and he said "uummm, .... yelling!" :) ........thanks for listening!

Faith