ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS article

bmom

I am pretty computer challenged, yet I have a document that a doctor copied for me out of a book called' "Clinical Management of Streptococcal Pharyngitis" by Michael F. Pichichero, MD. I think it is pretty good as it discusses typical course of a PANDAS patient and that most of these kids dont show signs of strep. I talks about the blood tests that need to be done. I think it is a good one to take to the doctor if needed to run tests and it is out of a medical book. Maybe someone could tell me how to post it. I think it would involve scanning, et. since I just have it as a copy. I would also be happy to fax it to anyone who might want it as I actually own a faxer! At least I understand that technology!! :)

I am not seeing it there. It is a small chapter called, "Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated With GAS Infection", out of the book titled, " Clinical Management of Streptococcal Pharyngitis" by Michael F. Pichichero, MD.

Bmom and Kim..

Thanks for the info. and posting the link. I skimmed the entire post briefly, and only found one brief mention of PANDAS..now it did say pages 6 & 7 were not posted..did I miss something? Bmom, is this the correct article you mentioned? Let me know when you can, I'd love to read what he says about PANDAS.

Kelly

Thanks again Kim for posting the link.

That is the book and it is pages 203-208. I did not see those pages on the post. It is not really detailed information for parents that know a lot about PANDAS already, yet I would have love it to take to my sons pediatrician who knew nothing about it or the blood tests. It was trying to get him to understand and to run the blood tests. Yet this spells it out-sudden tics or ocd needs to be looked at as PANDAS. Sometimes these kids have no signs of strep. They test negative to quick strep and culture. They need the blood test and to be treated. My family clearly has trouble with strep so I will be getting the book as well to see if there is any info. that may also be pertinent. One thing I read and people should be on the look out for is that it is more likely this time of year-late winter, early spring. Be on the look out for strep!!!!