ACN Latitudes Forums

Just a post to do a little bragging.

CSP

All,

I have to confess yesterday I did cry, out of frustration not knowing if these kids/adults have TS or PANDAS.

As always my husband is right there to help me see the light.

Yesterday when I was feeling down, my son came home from school and told me he was the only kid to make a basket from 1/2 court, out of 3 PE classes. There is over 100 students in just one PE class. He was telling the kids on the bus and some of them could not believe it because my son is so small and skinny. Most of these kids are close to 6ft or over. But one kid chimmed in and said it was true. He didn't even have his glasses on, because he broke them. I couldn't help but feel so happy for him. He was beaming. Basketball is one of the sports he does not even care for.

He may have TS, but he is a darn good athlete. Loves baseball and football, into hockey this year. Reads the sports page cover to cover.

Please feel free to brag about your DD or DS I know I would love to hear what talents they have. It s nice for us to hear about all the successes our kids are able to do.

To add more good news, Father-in-law, retired top IRS. Husband, top profit maker in his Co, and really good cook.

Chemar what does your husband do? And what did his father do?

Thanks everyone for sharing,

C.P.

Isa is three and Id say her talents are in the arts, she loves to draw and even drew planktin from spongebob lol.

I had a fabulous husband who has made it through 2 tours of war in the past couple of years , dedicated to our family and I adore him.

C.P., you are too cute! I will say reading the above posts made me choke up in a good way for once!

Well, my son is little and skinny too and also plays on the third grade basketball team,... but pretty much sucks at it!.. ^_^ ..

:P But he does do deck hockey for past few seasons and seems to like that. He also likes bowling and has done that for a few years too. He did little league last year, but..... well, same as above. :) I think it's too serious a game for him and requires too much paying attention, he's basically just there for the party (now THAT is his talent!). I would always say, "he's not a very good ball player, but he's a riot in the dugout!".... What can I say, he is a party boy in the making, I can tell,.. and being that he is also quite the lollygagger, I combine that with his love of fun and always quip that when he is in college, ..."he's gonna be the LAST guy at the keg party!".... :)

But seriously, his talent is art and he definitely is a budding artist, and has shown this potential since before kindergarten. He's very particular about his drawings, very detailed, and his kindergarten teachers would say he was "very meticulous", ... (we know now that it is really his ocd ;) ) Jenny, I have stacks of spongebobs and planktons too! He did an abstract painting in pre-school that I have framed and hung in my guest bathroom. I tell you its so well proportioned and I love the colors he used, green and blue. I tell people i got it at the Guggenheim.

I am also happy that he is quite social and seems to easily make friends. He is a good, loyal friend too, I notice, and I think that is important... And did I mention he is GAWGEOUS! :wub:

Oh, and keep bragging, C.P., my husband can't cook for squat! so jealous there....but he puts up with me and works very hard for us, so I won't complain there :)

Cheers,

Faith

Faith,

I too have had visions of my son and a keg. I can envision him lying upside down under a keg and then jumping off a roof into a swimming pool.

When he was three, he tried (actually he succeded) riding a scooter down the slide. My husband and I have since joked that if Nickelodian ever does a pediatric version of "Jack***", we will audition the boy.

Tami

Faith,

Lampshade in the funeral parlor -- No. But, in all fairness, the opportunity has not presented itself.

Let's make sure they don't end up at the same college. We should even go as far as keeping them in different fraternities just in case their chapters meet. I don't want him near my daughter either!

Tami

KEEP THEM COMING... its been a long time since my stomach hurt from laughing. :)^_^:wub:

And it's so sweet to see the pride. The good kind.

Tami, husband said he jumped his bike off the roof of the house into the pool. 1970 something in the world he grew up in. Kids have not changed. :)

C.P.

^_^

grandpa with TS was a writer..plays and short stories. also wrote for radio and TV

hubby is a mathematical whiz...amazes me what he can do in his head! He is artistic too

TS son is, if I may brag :) a "brilliant mind"

he has an asonishing spongelike ability to accumulate info and output it so accurately. excellent debater

very talented musically, and as a writer and in drawing and other art stuff..... and oh my....what a sense of humor, which he has had from a VERY young age. I have long felt that stopped him from slipping into total despair when things were so very bad for him

when he was younger he would sometimes do things that terrified me..............very agile and seemingly fearless and yup, CP, he would ride his lil pedal car full speed down the pool slide and do acrobatics on his bunk beds that would make a monkey envious .....and Faith...he would been right there cheering the lil lampshade hatted one along in the wiggle dance :)

Yay, I love to brag about my daughter, and usually can't (ya know, out of politeness).

Well, for a six year old, I'd have to say she's an excellent singer. She could sing in tune songs like "Angels We Have Heard on High" before she turned two. You can only imagine the cuteness of that tiny girl doing the "Glo... or-or-or-or-orrrrrr... glor-or-or-i-a" part. Well, actually more like "gworia". :) She can also sing, to some extent, in harmony with me! Loooooove that.

She is very smart, especially in math, but more importantly, she can be surprisingly "deep" in how she considers issues. She wants to understand the "why" of everything.

She is creative, and fun, and has a well-developed sense of humor, so often the same thing will send us both rolling on the floor in laughter.

She is, and always has been, very good socially. When she was three, she used to be sure to ask me how my day was at work and offer me a tiny-handed "massage". She cares very deeply about people and animals.

As for the rest of us, there is a lot of musicality running through the family, as well as creativity. Also a good level of intelligence. We're all physically strong and healthy for the most part... except for those bits of OCD, depression, anxiety, alcoholism here and there... interesting... all physically healthy, yet brain issues.) My grandfather, who struggled hard with alcoholism, was (especially in his earlier years) a strong people person, go getter, idea man, and musician.

Thanks for a great thread.

Calicat

my son and his 3 buddies have made it to the finals in tonight's battle of the bands at the highschool here.

They are performing songs my son composed (proud mama glowing here :blink: )

he wouldnt let me and hubby go as he said we would make him too nervous...soooo as they will be onstage any time soon....I would value all thoughts and prayers for him. He was real nervous, but they have the right attitude of doing it for the fun not for the winning (tho we all clearly hope they will be placed ^_^ )

I am soooo proud of the wonderful young man he has become and so thankful for the way he has risen above the many challenges that he has faced :)

That is so wonderful, Chemar, thanks for that good news. These little blessings is just what we need to hear. :) Congrats to your son!

C.P.

Yep, seconding CP here Chemar!

As far as my son: he's 9 and he's a total people person (despite bouts of social anxiety he's gone through). He will talk to anyone about anything(well, mostly football). My son plays tennis, loves golf, but loves football more! He's a great kid, he's always getting complimented on his politeness. He's also a people pleaser which I think puts pressure on him(put on there by himself, of course). He can spout off football facts and tell you who's the quarterback for all the NFL teams. He has lots of friends, and most of them don't even seem to notice his tics.

You know, my dh was almost happy that ds has tics. He thinks it's good that he has to overcome something, to struggle with being different. He thinks it will build character and make him a stronger person. I can only pray that he's right! But, I also pray that someday I won't see any more tics! :)