ACN Latitudes Forums

8 Year Old Daughter with vocal tic

Tx1911

Hi TX1911,

Welcome!

Just want to add that my son also has allergies (food & environmental) and asthma. My son was treated using NAET for food & environmental allergies and it has eliminated his asthma and substantially reduced his allergies. Also, i believe it has reduce his tics. He was also treated with acunpuncture, Craniolsacral therapy, and chiropractic.

Good luck!

Pat

The L Carnitine isn't working. I bought the Kids Calm and it says it has Magnesium, Vit C and Zinc. But I have read people using the Magnes / Calcium Supplement as well. Does anyone know what dosage to give for the Supplement ? And how does Magnesium affect the child and help stop the vocal tic ?

Hi Tx,

I remember joining this board nearly a year ago, May 2007 I believe, and I remember feeling overwhelmed by all of the possible paths to follow. I had no idea where to turn first, and didn't even understand some of the terms. I wanted answers right away, and I wanted to help my daughter immediately. It ended up taking many months. It is only in the last couple months that she has had no noticeable tics. It took that long to learn, and try things, and wait for them to work together. I really want to encourage you to not give up on this process. I also gave you an answer about the l-carnitine in another thread.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading through as many of the posts as possible, going back many months or a year. When you add supplements, try adding one at a time, but continue the ones already started unless they had ill effects. And, definitely get rid of ALL artificial ingredients. Even if you have to do it as a trial for a month, it will help you see the effects. Get some testing done if possible, especially for strep. Be sure to get the cultured test, not the rapid test, and the blood tests (can't remember the names right now, but they're listed here somewhere.) I agree with Faith; the tics seem too mild for Clonidine. With time, patience, and trials, another solution will come. It really does take a while to learn it all; even label reading has its own difficulties, and there is so much to learn just to avoid MSG alone!

I wish you the best of luck.

Calicat

oops, forgot to add:

I am a big fan of Kids Calm, for myself and my daughter. She is six, and takes about 200mg (1 slightly generous measuring teaspoon) once each evening. So, your son's dose would be similar, or a little higher. But, you should start with 1/2 tsp. for a number of days, and then raise it over a number of days to perhaps a tsp. Watch for stools getting too loose, at which point you could reduce the amount slightly. As for effects, it is calming, relaxes tense muscles, and GREATLY improves sleep. I don't know that it directly works on the vocals, but it definitely is a very important part of our supplement program, and I wouldn't be without it. The calming aspect seems to help tics in general, and I know improved quality of sleep helps tics, too.