ACN Latitudes Forums

aspergers

Guest peter

I'm new to this and just want to say this forum (and the article on aspergers on the site) have opened my eyes. I have some hope now. We have seen behaviors get more focused and unusual lately and I'm looking for answers. Hi to all. Peter.

• 9 months later...

It may have been a while since you posted your comments but I do hope you return,as I to have some optomism now,not for myself but for my six year old son who looks as if he will be diagnosed with AS. I would be interested to hear at what age you realised that you were different.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest illthinkofitsoon

Same here. Also to Annmarie G, if your son dose have aspergers. Do not, i repeat, do not shealter him. Try your hardest to make him interact, but dont force. Also try reminding and teaching him what certain faces and body laugage mean, like teaching him how to take a hint. I was too withdrawn when i was younger and it was just harder to learn human interaction later in my adolecent life. Also try to build up his confedence and teach him to never give up. I had to learn it on my own.