ACN Latitudes Forums

Dark circles under eyes?

Hi,

I am still waiting on the tests results for allergies but just wanted to get a sense of people's experiences with dark circles under the eyes. My three year old will frequently have these dark circles (and no other allergy sxs?), but at other times look great. If a food allergy is the cause, what is the typical timing of eating the food to developing the dark circles. I have been keep a food diary so I am hoping to see some pattern? Though I guess it could be environmental, but we live in CT so I don't think this time of year has too much flucuations in environmental allergies? I also don't see a pattern to the dark circles and the tics, he can look good but have tics? Thanks for listening and any shared experiences will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Betty,

Does she also have a red ring around her anus? Eczema? Itchy skin? Diarrhea? How is she sleeping?

Our ds had dark circles under his eyes before we changed his diet. He also had signs of candida too. As far as eating allergens, when our son ate foods he was sensitive to he would initially have a wax on that would last about 4 days before it would wane. We learned through an IgG test that his main allergies were wheat and corn and gluten intolerance. We removed all three and it took nearly five months before we stopped seeing ticcing wax ons with accidental ingestion. We have also learned quite a bit about hidden sources of his allergens and have gotten into a groove with our meals, snacks, and have learned how to eat when we are out. I cannot remember a definite correlation between the dark circles and the tics or the circles and the foods. It has been a while. I do know that his complexion did not improve until he was on the vitamins for two months. I suspect that the dark circles may have something to do with malabsorption in regards to either an allergen or candida? Once the gut begins to mend the dark circles (and watery looking eyes in our ds's case) seemed to disappear. He also had a very pale, anemic complexion and that also improved in time.

I hope this helps.

Caryn

Hi there....I also heard dairy and wheat can be a big trigger for dark circles under the eyes. something to do sensitivity testing for. Remember too that allergy testing will not show sensitivities. Good luck!

Hi,

I am still waiting on the tests results for allergies but just wanted to get a sense of people's experiences with dark circles under the eyes. My three year old will frequently have these dark circles (and no other allergy sxs?), but at other times look great. If a food allergy is the cause, what is the typical timing of eating the food to developing the dark circles. I have been keep a food diary so I am hoping to see some pattern? Though I guess it could be environmental, but we live in CT so I don't think this time of year has too much flucuations in environmental allergies? I also don't see a pattern to the dark circles and the tics, he can look good but have tics? Thanks for listening and any shared experiences will be greatly appreciated!

My daughter has purple circles under her eyes that come and go but more often than not are there, she also has tics. She used to have really dark purple circles under her eyes ALL the time until we took her off of dairy, that helped her tics too.

My daughter has purple circles under her eyes that come and go but more often than not are there, she also has tics. She used to have really dark purple circles under her eyes ALL the time until we took her off of dairy, that helped her tics too.

Thanks for your feedback. I had him off dairy for 2 months (now I let him have a cup of Kefir daily and cheese once a week) and did not see any changes... amybe it was not enough time? I am still waiting for testing results.

With Isa and dairy I saw changes within the first week I had her off of it. Her tics reduced dramatically and the purple circles were gone. The purple circles have come back but her tics are still less, I can tell when she has had something with a dairy product in it by how much she tics. If you havent seen any changes taking dairy away maybe dairy isnt his problem?