ACN Latitudes Forums

need help with megnesuim

Hi, My daughter already takes taurine. I decided to get magnesum citrate since she is always constapatid. Can any one recommended a vitamin with calcium and megnesium citrate. I'm have a hard time finding one. She alreay take 600 I.U. vitamin D. I don't know what is too much for vitamin D. I previously bought calcuim magnesuium 2:1 The ingredients for the Magnesuim was oxide, citrate, alpha-ketoglutarate,taurine and asparate. That was the only one at the time that I can find with only calcuim and magnesuim. The first ingredient in the magnesuim is oxide ,I decided to look for something else since I did not hear anything good about oxide. any suggestions. thanks Maryann

Hi,

Just wanted to say that my younger son has always had constipation issues, not bad, just intermittent here and there. Since starting him on daily Kids Calm, it has helped him in that area a lot, his bowels are now almost always comfortable to pass and soft. The Kids Calm only has Magnesium, Vitamin C, and Zinc, no calcium, but the company does make a Calm product with calcium. My son gets plenty of calcium elsewhere (he loves milk), and in our case because he already gets plenty, I do not supplement calcium, actually, I have to monitor his intake of dairy because too much dairy can cause constipation, and, I have also read that too much calcium can also aggravate constipation issues, however, magnesium and vitamin C are great for that problem. Hope this helps. Kelly

Yes, the magnesium oxide is not a good, soluable form of magesium.

Hi,

Just wanted to say that my younger son has always had constipation issues, not bad, just intermittent here and there. Since starting him on daily Kids Calm, it has helped him in that area a lot, his bowels are now almost always comfortable to pass and soft. The Kids Calm only has Magnesium, Vitamin C, and Zinc, no calcium, but the company does make a Calm product with calcium. My son gets plenty of calcium elsewhere (he loves milk), and in our case because he already gets plenty, I do not supplement calcium, actually, I have to monitor his intake of dairy because too much dairy can cause constipation, and, I have also read that too much calcium can also aggravate constipation issues, however, magnesium and vitamin C are great for that problem. Hope this helps. Kelly

Yes, the magnesium oxide is not a good, soluable form of magesium.

Thanks Kelly, I was thinking of going that route when I went to the store. I can't remember why I did not pick up the kids Calm. I do remember on the way home thinking I should of picked it up.

Thanks again Maryann PS. Is that magnesuim citrate?

• 2 months later...