ACN Latitudes Forums

CNN/Larry King tonight

I saw a bit of CNN this morning. The parents of a little girl who reacted to a vaccine at 18 months have won a lawsuit. The judge acknowledged that the vaccine triggered her subacute predisposition. Her family will be guests on Larry King tonight.

This story was on the front page of our paper (AJC) in Atlanta; the family is from GA. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but have been thinking about it all day. As soon as I get these maniacs settled in bed I'm going to sit down and read it.

Thanks for the heads up on Larry King. Off to record that now. I think this is so interesting and opens the door for MANY more lawsuits.

On a different note, have you all seen this? strep vaccine I'm not sure how to post a link, but I found this on msnbc.com when I was looking for some info regarding recalled heparin. (I was on heparin and/or lovenox with all three of my pgs and my brother called me tonight to tell me that there is a story about heparin being linked to hundreds of "serious side effects" now. I am wondering if it may have played a part in my children's issues with tics and mild OCD.) The link that I am hopefully posting is about a vaccine for strep.

tlk

Well, shoot!, I can't figure out how to post a link to the article. I went to msnbc.com, clicked on "health" stories, and then found the link to the story. It basically says that the vaccine MAY be coming soon. Here is a quote from the end of the article. (Love the part about the huge market potential, lol).

Vaccine market could be huge

These vaccines protect against pneumonia, ear infections, and other diseases cause by Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria.

A spokesman at Novartis said the company has a GAS vaccine in the pipeline but it is in very early stages of testing.

The market potential is huge — Wyeth’s Prevnar shot has annual sales of $2 billion.

tlk

from Physician's First Watch 3/7/08

Vaccines Led to Autism-Like Symptoms, Government Says

The federal government has conceded in a "vaccine court" case that childhood vaccines worsened one girl's rare mitochondrial disorder, leading to autism-like symptoms, reports the Associated Press.

The government says the girl — who has oxidative phosphorylation disease — should be paid from a federal vaccine-injury fund, according to the AP. However, a federal attorney maintains that the government "has not conceded that vaccines cause autism." (The vaccine court jurisdiction was created in 1987 under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act.)

The AP, citing a written concession from the Department of Health and Human Services, reports that "five vaccines the girl received on one day in 2000 aggravated her mitochondrial condition, predisposing her to metabolic problems that manifested as worsening brain function 'with features of autism spectrum disorder.'"

The AP says almost 5000 families are currently seeking compensation for autism and other development disabilities blamed on vaccines.

here is the Associated Press Article on this vaccine case

here is the Statement by the Health Resources and Services Administration on Autism and the Vaccine Injury Program

here is a PDF for Background of the Vaccine Court

I'm so hot and heavy into my research on the skin/osteochondroma stuff that I didn't even take time to rant about this yesterday! I literally cried watching those parents and...... remembering. The ear infections, the vax reactions that were never reported to VAERS, the loss of ability to sleep, my youngest eradicating foods...those first tics.

I didn't get to watch Larry King last night, but I did see the interview with the parents on CNN yesterday. From what I hear, the tone had changed dramatically from the initial interview. I'm thinking someone made some real waves about what they could say and not say?

Here is the initial interview. It was "da bomb" as my youngest would say!

http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/200...ive-on-cnn.html

This page has several articles on the story. I haven't had a chance to read them yet.

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/Opening.htm