ACN Latitudes Forums

Taurine

bcase,

We just started the taurine 2 weeks ago, I posted that I found a powder by Now. Our son did seem quieter the days after we gave it to him. The past 3 days he has hardly made any vocal tics. We did see an increase in the eye tics though, and my husband thought it was our son's way of changing his vocals into something else. Husband is remembering what he used to do as a kid, and how even the least intrest in a girl would make him change his tics.

I'm not sure if it is the taurine or our son making the changes in the vocals, whichever it is, I'm a pretty happy camper these last few days.

He also takes 500mg.

C.P.

Would anyone have knowledge of how long it takes for taurine to metabolize in the body? I am wondering if with amino acids, should they be of immediate benefit (don't mean necessarily for tics, but just in general) or does the supplement take a few days to get in and do its thing, if you know what I mean? Also, when one stops a supplement, how long would it take for the body to rid itself of it or for it to be depleted? ... I am curious about our experiences with recent trials, so trying to understand more how these things work.

Thanks

Faith

• 2 months later...

I buy the Cardiovascular Research Magnesium Taurate for my son. I think it is useful! I can tell you that my husband started trying it and he noticed an immediate decrease in his stress/hyperness (what I would call OCD/Type A) behavior.

Now, I don't know if taurine and tuarate are the same????????

not sure on mag chloride personally but it seems mrsD says the slow mag, which is mag chloride , is ok

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138

with my son's sensitivity to chlorine I tend to avoid as much of it in all forms as possible, tho salt is sodium chloride and he doesnt seem to have a problem with using it

I tried 500mg taurine yesterday and for the first time in quite a while, I felt the familiar signs of rage. Thankfully, it wasn't a full-blown attack, but still.

Today I took another taurine and it seemed to work very well in the morning but my tics started getting worse again by the afternoon, so I took another capsule. Now I've just got really angry with something small (although really annoying) and started kicking things.

Has anyone else found anything like this happening from the taurine or do you think it's just a coincidence?

Hi Greyhound

honest I wouldnt go up over 500mg taurine and if you arent reacting well to it you shouldnt continue.

each person is so different and IMHO one should always take little steps with supplements and especially amino acids

another reason I always mention one should work with a qualified person who can guide