ACN Latitudes Forums

Magnesium - Please Help

Hello - I am new to this Forum and I would like to thank you all for your help. My 5 year old son (52 lbs) has minor tics that we have been keeping under control with Kid Calm 1/2 teaspoon 2X day and 1/2 t 1X day of Nordic Naturals omega 3. We are also doing allergy(IGg) and yeast testing with a DAN doctor. I am reading through old post and want thank each of you for your help.

I am considering switching him to "Bluebonnet" (brand name) Calcium Magnesium Citrate (2:1) ratio. See link below

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006IIGHU?smid=A...mp;linkCode=asn

I am considering making the switch because we have taken milk out of his diet and combining the calcium and magnesium would be convinient. Doseage would be 1/2 Tablespoon 2X a day. Does this sound ok? Any thoughts? Is the Magnesium the same?

I have also just started adding 250 mg 1Xday of Taurine. Does this dosage sound correct for his weight? I understand that I am not asking for medical advice, just an opinion.

Thanks Again

Shannon,

I have a 5-year old with minor tics too (since the end of September). I looked briefly at the link, and I believe they are different forms. The Kid's Calm is mag citrate and the Bluebonnet is mag citrate and mag aspartate.

You mentioned that you are currently undergoing testing; I am too (organic acid and IgG). I would not make any major changes if you are waiting for results, as allergies might apply and render your new product useless.

As far as the dosages you described, they sound like they are in keeping with what I have seen others doing around here.

Tami

Hi Shannon

do be careful of mag aspartate in the Blue Bonnet as many kids with neuro issues are highly sensitive to aspartate, aspartame etc, which are documented as being excitatory in the neurotransmitter sysytem

Ack, I just read this! I just started ds on Country Life Target-Mins and one of the magnesiums in their liquid is aspartate. I bought it b/c they also included mag tuarate(sp). I'll have to keep an eye on him b/c I just started this 2 days ago.

• 2 months later...
Hi Shannon

do be careful of mag aspartate in the Blue Bonnet as many kids with neuro issues are highly sensitive to aspartate, aspartame etc, which are documented as being excitatory in the neurotransmitter sysytem

Ack, I just read this! I just started ds on Country Life Target-Mins and one of the magnesiums in their liquid is aspartate. I bought it b/c they also included mag tuarate(sp). I'll have to keep an eye on him b/c I just started this 2 days ago.

I can't find mag taurate anywhere!

oops I didnt read ingredients beyond that they had mag taurate...sorry, me multitasking again :lol:

I tend to be careful on anything chloride for my son becasue of his hypersensitivity to chlorine, tho he can eat salt which is sodium chloride sooooooo....