ACN Latitudes Forums

Frequent urination

kallik

I learned frequent urination is a symptom of Pandas. My son started this two years ago. It has been better the last six months, at least the frequency slowed down some, but the last couple of weeks he's been going very frequently again. As far as I know my son has never had strep. What should be my course of action regarding this in everyone's opinion? How do you get his, titers? checked, and/or should we look at other causes, maybe something he's eating, or some mineral/amino acid he's deficient in? He's had pictures taken of his bladder, etc. and everything appeared normal. (After he drank a medium sized tea, he went to the bathroom every five-ten minutes.)

Kallik,

I think frequent urination is symptomatic of a lot of anxiety/stress disorders. Its even common for people without a disorder to feel the urgency of that "nervous pee" before going on stage or into an interview or taking a test. When I brought my first baby home from the hospital, my cat walked into the room, sniffed the air, and then peed for three straight hours. (I have pictures of the cat's bladder too.)

Could he have been under any pressure or experiencing any stress after the tea? Had he been stressed out that day? Could it be a tic?

As far as testing, I'd still recommend the test I mentioned in your Candida thread as a starting point; it's pretty comprehensive.

I have mixed feelings about the strep titers. My son was tested; it was negative. But now I'm hearing of PANDAS cases where the strep titers were not abnormally elevated. I'm confused too.

Tami

This is a common symptom for my son. In fact, Dr. Murphy said as soon as it begins have everyone in the house throat cultured for strep. It is a common symptom for PANDAS cases. If someone has strep get them on an antibiotic. Is your son on long term antibiotics? However, he may be negative to strep but his antibodies get elevated from the exposure and go up launching an attack on the basal ganglia. Did you notice other compulsive, repetitive behaviors around the same time? My son gets very fixated on certain themes and ideas. He talks about them constantly. Then the tics can be a compulsive behavior too. Are they rhytmic, follow a certain pattern?What other symptoms is he showing? emotional liability is a huge one along with a lack of focused attention. I also wonder if the urination frequency is brought on by yeast in the bladder. Make sure to give him primodophilus. Also we are giving my son Nystatin when he shows these signs. We also tested him for bladder infections and they were all negative. I hope you have a good Dr. you can talk to. We have a DAN who prescribed the Nystatin. Make notes about what he is going through and his symtoms. Then you will have a record to fall back on in the future. My son would go pee and turn around and go straight back into the bathroom. I had to set a timer of whenhe could go again in thirty minutes.

Michele

Kallik,

I think frequent urination is symptomatic of a lot of anxiety/stress disorders. Its even common for people without a disorder to feel the urgency of that "nervous pee" before going on stage or into an interview or taking a test. When I brought my first baby home from the hospital, my cat walked into the room, sniffed the air, and then peed for three straight hours. (I have pictures of the cat's bladder too.)

Could he have been under any pressure or experiencing any stress after the tea? Had he been stressed out that day? Could it be a tic?

As far as testing, I'd still recommend the test I mentioned in your Candida thread as a starting point; it's pretty comprehensive.

I have mixed feelings about the strep titers. My son was tested; it was negative. But now I'm hearing of PANDAS cases where the strep titers were not abnormally elevated. I'm confused too.

Tami