ACN Latitudes Forums

B12

faith

Hi all,

Could I here from anyone using B12 for their kids? We have been on B12 shots for last year, (in the form of methylcobalamin) and recently switched to the nasal spray form two months ago. (It was shown by a blood test done by DAN doc that he has a problem with methylating and converting B12 in his body and so this form is supposed to bypass the conversion process). It is a little expensive, about $100 a month for shots, and about $85 for the nasal spray. I think I may be the only one on this form, but wonder anyway if anyone could tell me what positive effects you all see from B12, if you know, and why you started using it? Also, I always thought B12 in the oral or sublinqual was not very effective, in that it doesn't get absorbed very well -- can anyone clarify that?

I'm just sort of brainstorming here (the mopping and dusting can wait!) but I have mentioned recently of a spike in my son's vocal, and now I am realizing I ran out of the spray a few weeks ago and have not renewed it, and so he hasn't got that for a few weeks. Man, I wonder if that has anything to do with this? I did think he had a good month of vocals being way down, and it was soon after I switched to the nasal spray, but I didn't think to attribute it to that because he also had an eye twitching that came on around the same time, but now am wondering, because we have really cleaned up diet this week, but still hearing the vocal.

Anyway, I am getting that spray renewed today and will see what happens. So any thoughts on B12 in general, and in relation to tics, would be appreciated. (I never used b12 in tablet form).

Thanks

Faith