ACN Latitudes Forums

Vaccines

bcase

I was wondering how everyone is handling the mandatory vaccinations? My daughter is 12 and is due for her TD booster. I don't want to do it but the school said they will not issue her a schedule if she does not receive it (going into 7th grade). She has tics, but no TS dx.

I'm going to see if the Dr. can do the vaccinations separately (T) one day, then (D) another time. As long as they do not contain Thimersol. What are my options if they can't/won't do it? Can you get the vaccines now without the Thimersol?

Should I try for a medical exemption for a Neurological condition? Will they do it without TS diagnosis? Would they do it with?

I'm told I could do a religious exemption?

I just want to do right by my daughter. Everyone has been so wonderful, this site is like a godsend. Thanks to you all.

Bcase

I've stopped vaccinating. All I needed was a note from the doctor, your school can't refuse your daughter if you have a medical or religious reason. (atleast here in PA, these were "state law" required shots I easily bypassed) Don't give in to what they say, call around and do your research.

bcase,

This is just info for your consideration, some things to weigh in your decision :) I agree that it's a personal decision that should be made based on your own reseach.

Has it even been 10 years since your daughters last dose of DtaP?

They are probably going to give her the newer Adacel shot. This has replaced the TD booster. The TD booster still contain 25 mcgs of thimerosal. If the Dr. tells you that that isn't true, ask to see the insert. Many Drs. think thimerosal is out of all vaccines. It's not. Adacel includes a dose of Pertussis too. There are no singular tetanus and diptheria immunizations available. Adacel is supposed to be able to be given every 5 years, instead of the 10 year recommendation for TD. It doesn't contain thimerosal but does contain .....bolding mine

http://www.vaccineplace.com/index.cfm?FA=p...mp;P=HowS_pread

What ingredients are present in ADACEL vaccine?

ADACEL vaccine contains noninfectious tetanus, diphtheria,

and pertussis proteins. Small amounts of aluminum phosphate,

formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, and 2-phenoxyethanol are also

present in each dose.

You should tell your health-care professional if you or

your child:

• Has experienced after a previous pertussis vaccination any of

the following:

– Temperature of 105°F (40.5°C) or higher within 48 hours

of vaccination

– Collapse in shock-like state within 48 hours

– Persistent and inconsolable crying lasting 3 hours or more,

occurring within 48 hours

– Seizures with or without fever occurring within 3 days

• Has experienced Arthus-type hypersensitivity reactions

following a prior tetanus vaccine.

• Developed Guillain-Barré syndrome within 6 weeks following

a prior tetanus vaccination.

Has a central nervous system disorder, whether it is

stable or not.

• Is a pregnant or nursing mother.

Will help with exemption info

http://www.nvic.org/

CDC Pink book tetanus.....look at the incidence and how it fell prior to routine immunization for tetanus

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Lx7-v...;cd=1&gl=us

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art...rticlekey=85107

Study: Immune System Has Long Memory

Immunity Conferred From infections, Vaccinations May Last Decades Longer Than Thought

Of the viral infections studied, the shortest maintained immunity was for a natural infection with the chickenpox virus. "The body remembered that virus for over 50 years," he says. But in the study, the body remembered other viruses for more than 200 years, his team found.

A couple things-

If your child has had an allergy test and is known to be allergic to an ingredient in the shot you can opt out. You may also be able to opt out for religious reasons.

If your child is undiagnosed celiac the vaccines may not render them immune anyway (as per a clinical study). Probably not relevant here but I always like to throw that in.

And lastly--

Probably totally off topic, but somewhat relevant here:

According to the manufacturer, Varivax–Merck chicken pox vaccine (Varicella Virus Live), contains L-monosodium glutamate and hydrolyzed gelatin both of which contain processed free glutamic acid (MSG) which causes brain lesions in young laboratory animals, and causes endocrine disturbances like OBESITY and REPRODUCTIVE disorders later in life. It would appear that most, if not all, live virus vaccines contain MSG.

In our case we had the varicella before we got a reaction (and our son has issues with gluten as you all know) but it is a good fact to put out there because we know MSG is a major trigger for some folks. Just learned this tonight when I was going through info on MSG.

Caryn

Bcase,

Maybe you can have her T and D antibodies titered. If her levels are high enough you may be able to bypass the booster. I know a lot of boosters are given just to catch the minority of children who are not immune enough yet. I can't, however, imagine you can get your insurance to cover it though.

Went to pedi yesterday. IgG and IgA show no allergies. No celiac either. That's good news. I told Dr. I still believe her tics started due to the P in her DTP vaccine 8 years ago. She had a reactions at 4 months and was not supposed t get the P part ever again. Somebody in the office gave her DTP instead of DT back in 2000. I blame myself for not being on top of it. Previous appointments I had always reminded them. Now she is 12 and hormones are kicking in, probably setting off the tics, anxiety, and OCD.

Turns out my daughter does not need the TD booster b/c she got it last year. So I didn't have to fight that battle. I usually get her a flu shot every year too b/c of her asthma. I didn't do it this year, and i won't again.

I wish I had just let her get the chicken pox as a kid. Too late now. What do I do about the varicella booster that they recommend.

What are everybody's thoughts on that, for those of you who already gave the one shot?? Thanks.

Bcase

It was my regular pedi and she did not do IgE. She did IgG, IgA, and celiac test. In addition to my daughter's tics, she has been getting stomach aches after eating some foods. At first we thought it was lactose, but it seemed to happen with non milk foods also.

I requested these tests and she did them. Nope, she said all her counts were zero....

Bcase

lurker,

Our Ped ordered IGG testing for us too. It tested 20 foods. Draw was done at local hospital, sent to Mayo Medical Labs who ships it out to a lab called IBT Reference Lab.

bcase

I wish I had just let her get the chicken pox as a kid. Too late now. What do I do about the varicella booster that they recommend.

What are everybody's thoughts on that, for those of you who already gave the one shot?? Thanks.

I worry about that too. My boys also each had the first shot.

I know of a 33 year old gentleman who's TS started around age 12 after a case of the natural chicken pox. Also, I was reading through an older thread here and noticed that Ronnas (mom of a PANDAS child who has posted a lot of really useful info on this forum) mentioned that her son had a bad flair of his symptoms after chicken pox, again natural, not the immunization. It appears that we have members with kids that have onset of symptoms after viral infections too, so, you have to ask yourself what would be worse...the immunization or the actual infection. I'm not worried about skipping some immunizations AT ALL, but chicken pox at an older age, I just don't know <_<

The bad news about this whole mess, is that now the trust is just gone. I can no longer leave these decisions in someone else's hands. I have no idea if my boys have mercury or aluminum hanging around their bodies, if their immune function was altered by those things, or if getting chicken pox now, when older could cause worse problems, than the vaccine. I feel totally duped by that whole program, but I literally pray for enough objectivity to make the right decision here.

PARENTS should have never been placed in this position. Gee, if they could just forget to add up how much mercury was being injected into my babies, what else might be unknown or overlooked?

Maybe we could start a new thread asking for "no increase in symptoms" after immunizations comments. Remarks about reactions to illness that are supposed to be vax preventable, would be nice too. I doubt many kids have had measles, mumps, diagnosed pertussus, etc. though.

Kim,

Do you have this link in your arsenal?

http://www.whale.to/b/blaylock.html

A great number of studies have shown that when you vaccinate an animal, the body�s inflammatory cytokines not only increase dramatically, but so do the brain�s inflammatory chemicals. The brain has its own immune system that is intimately connected to the body�s immune system. The main immune cell in the brain is called a microglia. Normally, these brain cells are lying throughout the brain in a resting state (called ramified). Once activated, they can move around, traveling between brain cells like amoeba (called amoeboid microglia).

In the resting state, they release chemicals that support the growth and protection of brain cells and their connections (dendrites and synapses). But when activated, they secrete a number of very harmful chemicals, including inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, complement, free radicals, lipid peroxidation products, and two excitotoxins -- glutamate and quinolinic acid.

In essence, these brain immune cells are out to kill invaders, since the body�s immune system sent an emergency message that an invasion had occurred. With most infections, this phase of activation last no more than a few days to two weeks, during which time the immune system successfully kills off the invaders. Once that is accomplished, the immune system shuts down to allow things to cool off and the brain to repair what damage was done by its own immune system.

What researchers knew was that during this period of activation, people generally feel bad and that what they experience closely resembles depression -- a condition called �sickness behavior�. Most of us have experience this when suffering from a viral illness -- such things as restlessness, irritability, a need to get away from people, trouble sleeping, fatigue and difficulty thinking.

Studies have shown that there are two phases to this �sickness behavior�; one in which we have the flu-like symptoms and a later onset of depression-like symptoms that can last awhile. They have also shown that all of these symptoms are due to high levels of inflammatory cytokines in the brain, which come from activated microglia.

Caryn,

That's too funny. I was just pulling up this thead to post this

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles...ter-age-50.aspx

It's the same one.

I think this article makes some terribly important points. I have a few things I have read lately that I will add here. This is one

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/25/business/24drug.php

"This drug really looks like it's quite a different animal," Insel says. "This is actually pretty innovative."

Schoepp and other scientists had focused their attention on the way that glutamate, a powerful neurotransmitter, tied together the brain's most complex circuits. Every other schizophrenia drug now on the market aims at a different neurotransmitter, dopamine.

This is another, cross post...thanks Teresa B.

"February 25, 2008: Newly published data in the Open Pediatric Medicine

Journal , 2008, 2, 7-10, reveal siblings of diabetics have an extremely

high risk of developing vaccine induced type 1, insulin dependent

diabetes. The hemophilus vaccine for example may cause over 2% of these

children to develop type 1, insulin dependent, diabetes. Other vaccines

have an effect of similar magnitude."

Study available free online

Risk of Vaccine Induced Diabetes in Children with a Family History of

Type 1 Diabetes

http://www.vaccines.net/7TOPEDJ.pdf

excerpts:

INTRODUCTION

Data exist that supports a causal relationship between

the hemophilus immunization and type 1 diabetes [1, 2].

Causation is supported by a large prospective randomized

clinical trial, which demonstrated statistically significant

clusters of extra cases of diabetes occurring between 36 to 48

months after immunization. Four smaller epidemiology studies

as well as animal toxicity data support the findings of the

clinical trial [1]. The mechanisms by which vaccines can

induce IDDM have been extensively reviewed [3]. These

mechanisms are not specific to the hemophilus vaccine and

all vaccines have the potential to induce diabetes.

REFERENCES

[1] Classen JB, Classen DC. Clustering of cases of insulin dependent

diabetes (IDDM) occurring three years after Hemophilus influenza

B (HiB) immunization support causal relationship between immunization

and IDDM. Autoimmunity 2002; 35: 247-53.

[2] Classen JB, Classen DC. Clustering of cases of IDDM occurring 2-

4 years after vaccination is consistent with clustering after infections

and progression to IDDM in autoantibody positive individuals.

JPEM 2003; 16: 495-508.

[3] Classen JB, Classen DC. Vaccines and the risk of insulin dependent

diabetes (IDDM), potential mechanism of action. Med Hypotheses

2001; 57: 532-8.

[4] Wahlberg J, Fredriksson J, Vaarala O, Ludvigsson J. Vaccinations

may induce diabetes related autoantibodies in one year old children.

Ann N Y Acad Sci 2003; 1005: 404-8.