ACN Latitudes Forums

Magnesium?

myrose

I don't know what other symptoms it helps the kids with....BUT...as a mom it helped me with my mood swings, PMS symptoms, high strung personality, and overall mood. There were so many things listed under magnesium deficiency that I looked at it immediately as the cure all.

For my son, Liquid magnesium was the first thing we did (and slightly reduced processed foods/added cashews daily) for the tics. (Before we found this great site!!) After one week the teachers thought we had medicated my son. They said his focus was totally different. He no longer got up and started swinging from the desks/etc. I think the magnesium was a large part of the focus. He had focus issues all of last year too. We have done some form of magnesium all along the tic procees and the focus has been much improved this year. We get no more complaints about it.

I hope this helps.

I have to share this that has been a great benefit of using magnesium. My son Daniel use to grind his teeth HORRIBLE at night. After about a month on magnesium it stopped. Here is an article that explains this http://www.is.wayne.edu/mnissani/bruxnet/ploctran.htm . My naturopathic doctor also told me that magnesium deficiency can cause teeth grinding at night.

I know that it was not just a coincidence that his teeth grinding stopped after a month of using the magnesium.

Carolyn N.

I don't know what other symptoms it helps the kids with....BUT...as a mom it helped me with my mood swings, PMS symptoms, high strung personality, and overall mood. There were so many things listed under magnesium deficiency that I looked at it immediately as the cure all.

For my son, Liquid magnesium was the first thing we did (and slightly reduced processed foods/added cashews daily) for the tics. (Before we found this great site!!) After one week the teachers thought we had medicated my son. They said his focus was totally different. He no longer got up and started swinging from the desks/etc. I think the magnesium was a large part of the focus. He had focus issues all of last year too. We have done some form of magnesium all along the tic procees and the focus has been much improved this year. We get no more complaints about it.

I hope this helps.

tracey,

Can you tell me what kind of liquid magnesium, where to purchase and how much to give for a 5 year old, 40 lbs. Also do you have to give another supplement with it in order for the body to get the best absorsion? or will any others break it down to nothing?

If I am giving my daughter the Kid's Calm, should I be giving her a calcium supplement also. She doesn't get much calcium from

other sources. A glass of calcium fortified juice in AM, and a glass of Kefir at night.....What should the magnesium/calcium ratio be? Thanks.

Bcase

After giving my daughter Kid's Calm today (half tsp) - I noticed she became very itchy all over, then especially in her thumb?

In thinking about it, I noticed last night after giving it to her. It has happened other times recently but I just attributed it to food issues. Can anybody shed light on this??? Thanks.

Bcase

Hi bcase,

My son had a itchy chin when I started Bonnie's, at first I did not think about it, but later when he got the rash on his belly, I knew something was not right.

To be honest I was so worried about everything that he was going through I forgot about it, and never looked deeper into what caused the itchy chin. I really could not even tell you when I noticed it go away, but it did.

I only have the Natural Calm, what are all the ingredients in the Kids Calm?

C.P.

Bcase,

The kids Calm does not have any natural orange or lemon or raspberry flavor?

I only ask because I had a Natural Calm that had the raspberry flavor in it and my son did tic more with it. It was labled wrong, so it was something I noticed because I didn't buy the raspberry one, and on the look out for more tics, it was in the wrong bottle. Just wondering if she is sensitive to any flavors, even if they are natural.

I did stop Bonnie's, that may be why I forgot about the itchy chin. I was having to test him without a belt, to make sure it was Bonnie's because he has an allergy to nickel too.

C.P.

• 3 months later...