ACN Latitudes Forums

No food/environmental allergies/ WHAT NEXT?

Tracey111

Hi, In regard to warmswinds post , I looked at the sage lab sight, at www.foodallergytest.com.

Has anybody used them before. I called they said one tube blood only. I asked if they take my my insurance coverage, He is going to send me e-mail to see. Also he said if it covers only 80%, I don't have to pay the 20%. My question is has anybody else tried this. I did'nt no there was a test for artificial colors, is this acccurate. Thank you

Maryann,

I was questioning that too, I thought there wasn't. We had the Alcat test last year, which I'm wondering is the same, and the site now shows chemicals and dyes and msg on some of their panels. I don't remember having that on ours last year. So I am wondering about that too. Did they say how much this costs? It kind of bothered me that you have to give them info before they give you the info back by e-mail. do you have to have a medical doctor okay these tests? I bet they don't give you the results, just the doctor? Can it be a naturopath? If so, then I don't see how it can be covered, because I don't think insurance will deem that a "necessary" test especially if recommended by someone outside of the "medical" field. ..... please let me know if you learn anything. Thanks

Faith

Hi Faith,

Here's copy of e-mail, Is that how much they usual cost? I think you do have to go by doctor. The doctor will order the test and get results. If you can't find the sight and want the # tell me if you want to ask more questions. My next appointment for my daughter is in April I am going to ask then.

1.CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.

2. TELL THEM YOUR DOCTOR IS CONSIDERING THIS TEST AND YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS COVERED.

3. GIVE CPT CODE OF: 86160.

4. NAME OF TEST: COMPLEMENT ANTIGEN TEST.

5. ASK WHAT THE OUT-OF-NETWORK PATIENT RESPONSIBILITY AMOUNT IS (DEDUCTIBLE AND CO-PAYMENT)

6. ASK WHAT YOUR OUT OF NETWORK DEDUCTIBLE WILL BE.

7. ASK FOR A REFERENCE NUMBER, CONTACTS NAME AND BADGE NUMBER.

SAGE MEDICAL LABORATORY WILL SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY FOR THE FULL COST OF THE TEST. $2772.00.

THE COMPLEMENT ANTIGEN TEST IS ADMINISTERED IN 3 PANELS OF 44 ANTIGENS TOTALING 132 ITEMS AND IS BILLED TO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AT THE RATE OF $ 21.00 PER ANTIGEN USING PROCEDURE CODE OF 86160.

SAGE IS A MEDICARE PROVIDER. SAGE IS NOT A MEDICAID PROVIDER. SAGE MEDICAL LAB IS OUT OF NETWORK FOR ALL OTHER INSURANCE CARRIERS. SAGE FILES THE INSURANCE CLAIM AS A COURTESY AND PATIENT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEDUCTIBLE AND CO-PAYMENT DETERMINED BY THE TERMS OF THEIR OWN POLICY.

PAYMENT PLANS ARE AVAILABLE

Thanks for that Maryann,

Oh Boy! $2000!!!!

Alcat test we did was about $350-400. They have ones higher that cover more foods, but the 100-150 food panel should be ample.

If you need a med liciensed doc, I really don't know which of mine would agree to this. I hope its not like kind of a loophole where they say it is covered and then you're chasing down the insurance. With this amount, even the deductable could be $500, so not sure if its worth it. Then even if they cover 80% and you do the 20, that would be about $400?. I don't know, I'm not that impressed with all this.

Faith

Faith, If you were interested in this , he said that if insurance covers 80%, I would not have to pay the 20 %. I will have to check that out if I ever decide to get this done. It is alot of money. My insurance company said im covered over the phone but I dont trust that. So, if I ever decide to get this done I will have the lab and the doctor call to confirm.