ACN Latitudes Forums

Doctors Appt Monday

MARYANN

Hi, Everyone

I have a doctors appt Monday. I have so many things going threw my head right now on what to ask. If I ask the Doctor, can her histimine level be checked is he going to think im a wacko? He already made a comment of me reading to much is not a good thing. I also want to ask him could it be the folic acid that started her ticing again. I did ask him about pylora and he did not know what that was. I told him about b6 and zinc. He said the zinc level was not that low. I know he works with autstic kids. I think he would like to know about pyloria. My daughter I think is the first patient he is working with tics. If I bring Shelia Roger's book how do you think the doctor would feel? I really do like this doctor and he is taking courses in DAN. My daughter feels better since she has gone to him. She did start ticing a little bit more since I gave him everything he recommended. Which is my fault because I did not start one thing at a time. Im also going to tell him I am going off everything. Im going to give her her the gummy bear vitiamins that I orginal gave her. Then Take her off those and introduce her one at a time what he recommended for her. Do you think going to a nutriitionist can tell exactly what vitamins to take?I alsowanted to ask should I get the IGG test for allergies. Is that worth it?

A while back ago my son had problems with his leg. I researched and felt the doctor was wrong

in telling him to go to phsyical therapy. When I told the doctor he did not want to hear it, and I should not look up things on the computer. I called another docter and it took three months to get in, so I asked the nurse can you do me a favor. Told her the story, please ask the doctor if he should go to physical therapy this week. She gets back on the phone and says if you cancel that phsyical therapy appt, he will take you in tomorrow. That doctor was going to treat my son like an adult

he was 11 at the time. There was two different treatments for an adult and a child. Ever since than

I check everything. Everyone seems to think I go over board, but it seems like everyone on this sight is doing the same thing. I don't see nothing wrong with it. This sight makes me feel not alone. THANKYOU

Hi Maryann,

When I was starting with the DAN doctor, I just had a notepad with stuff jotted down that I wanted to ask about. When your there, tell him first of what you have observed of your daughters symptoms and how she is doing since the last visit. Ask what he thinks and suggests first :(, and then look to your notes and just go down your list and ask your questions. He probably will not be able to help you with everything, but it can't hurt to ask, that's what he's there for. If he thinks yur crazy, well then he has something interesting to talk about during dinner that night :) .

Could you go over what things he has suggested so far and what supplements he has suggested? And how long on that? Are yu still doing the enzymes? Did you drop anything you were doing prior to starting on his regimen? Why do you think the folic acid could be a problem? I myself am not fond of B vits for my son, only because of past experience seemed to show he was better when not taking them.

I didn't follow what you meant by showing him Gloria's book? Did you mean Sheila Rogers?

Faith

Hi Maryann,

When I was starting with the DAN doctor, I just had a notepad with stuff jotted down that I wanted to ask about. When your there, tell him first of what you have observed of your daughters symptoms and how she is doing since the last visit. Ask what he thinks and suggests first :(, and then look to your notes and just go down your list and ask your questions. He probably will not be able to help you with everything, but it can't hurt to ask, that's what he's there for. If he thinks yur crazy, well then he has something interesting to talk about during dinner that night :) .

Could you go over what things he has suggested so far and what supplements he has suggested? And how long on that? Are yu still doing the enzymes? Did you drop anything you were doing prior to starting on his regimen? Why do you think the folic acid could be a problem? I myself am not fond of B vits for my son, only because of past experience seemed to show he was better when not taking them.

I didn't follow what you meant by showing him Gloria's book? Did you mean Sheila Rogers?

Faith

Hi Faith, I am so embarassed of course I meant Shelia Roger's book. Don't Ask me where I got the name Gloria. I apologize Shelia if you ever read that post.

The doctor recommended that my daughter take Vitatab(multi), Vital-zymesWhich I took her off of becuse she was constapaited to much but in the beginning they where working I don't understand what happened. intestinal support (l-glutamine) and Glutathiol. He also put her on priscribition Aciphex, for heartburn.

The reason im going to ask about the folic acid is because Caroylyn N. wrote a post on benadryl and how it helped her sons tics. I remember I gave my daughter benadryl when she was at her worst and it also helped. It could also have been the calcium I gave her which was at the same time. So, I don't know. It's kind of hard to explain. She was explaining how the artificial flavors bring the histime level up which then can cause tics. When she gave her son bedryl it brought the histimine level down. Well any way folic acid brings it up. Did I explained that right Carolyn, I have to go over my notes and be prepared when Doc askes me the same question. Thanks for the advice. Maryann

Hi Maryann,

It is your right, and I honestly believe, everyone's responsibility to take an active role in their own health. I rarely go to doctors, but when I do I certainly consider them a part of my health team--which includes other types of doctors and MYSELF; doctors are not dictators or gods. You have every right to read and learn and ask questions. The state of health in North America would be so much higher if everyone did this! So be strong!!

As for asking a nutritionist, you can try, but they are often pretty mainstream. My dad went to one about his IBS symptoms (irritable bowel syndrome) and she basically printed some stuff off the internet that he already knew, and talked about Canada's food guide. Yeesh. He was severely disappointed, as he hoped someone could point him in a helpful direction, share some insider facts... not give a rundown on what he found on the internet easily himself. I'm sure there are some gems out there, but you should probably prepare for the fact that they won't tell you anything new.

Calicat