ACN Latitudes Forums

Some conclusions with our experiences....

P_Mom

Thank you for the information Kim. Sad to say but I have been avoiding the peds office for well visits because of te vaccine and well visit issue. Everytime I try to discuss my concerns with one of the peds they dismiss my concerns. I've got to admit one of close friends did not vaccinate until school and only a few vaccines she chose to give and I USED to think she was a bit of a rebel. Going against the norm. Now I know she was one of the ones who was trying to protect by being proactive. She always was into alternative medicine for her kids but she had done her homework!

Michele

Michelle,

From what I can remember they would ship the individual vaccine for two of them. One, you had to buy in a multipack. Like 10 at once. So, you could get two with no problem, but the other, you would either have to bite off the cost of 10 of them, or your Ped office would have to be willing to buy the 10 pack. I think the cost of the 10 pack was around 180.00? Seems the other two were in the area of $30.00? This may be way off, as it's been awhile. I just remember it was "doable," even if we had to buy the 10 pack ourselves. It was for my nieces new baby..which she later decided not to vaccinate at all, at least for the time being.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelle,

I know exactly what your going through. I went to 4 different Peds with my niece. I could not believe how this whole system is set up. First, the answers that I got! One Dr. said, "I don't believe that the things that your talking about are still in vaccines (mercury, alum, formaldyhyde). I asked one about the fact that if you used Pediarix (a 5 in one combo) that you were vaxing your baby with 4 doses of Hep B, if the child was given the birth dose, and that the insert for Pediarix stated that there were no safety studies regarding this. She said "Oh, they'll probably find that 4 doses are needed anyway." This Dr. was pregnant!

I just know how long it took me, to really get any kind of a good handle on this whole thing, and know that many many parents just don't have the time. It's frustrating, wanting to share info but not wanting the responsibility of feeling like you could be influencing someones decision.

I had a verrry interesting discussion with someone at our local health dept. The attitude was not what I expected. They were much more respectful of concerns. Once conversation really left me shocked. You might want to check with them on the individual MMR. They did have individual vaccines, as opposed to the combo's (like Pediarix), that the Peds offices are using. I think they told me that they would administer the individual MMR if we found it. They did not stock it.

Tracey,

I wrote the above post before reading all of the posts today. Mine was very self absorbed and off topic. I was just so shocked by what I found.
Just wanted to say that I didn't think that was off topic or self absorbed at all. I think this is exactly why we're discussing this subject. We all have to weigh the risks and rewards. It's just so hard to do, when you don't ever really see the risk part presented.

Mom2three

Have you thought about what NOT getting these shots really mean if your child somehow contracts the disease that these shots are protecting them from?

I sure could have written your post a couple of years ago M23! I thought people who spoke out against immunizations were ridiculous. I was so sure that "THEY" wouldn't inject our children with anything that wasn't perfectly safe, except in a very rare instance. I thought the disease was surly a bigger threat than the chance of a rare side effect. Within probably 1 month of reading a vaccine forum, let's just say that belief was severly shaken.

See I would also rather my child NOT have the side effects or things that are associated with the shots, but I refused to play the lottery of them being exposed to a disease or an illness I could have protected them from.

You really have to get an education to understand exactly what the lottery involves though! Consider these excerpts

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/Opening.htm This site gives updated headlines daily.

Bolding mine

* ►February 1, 2008 - French judges probe firms over vaccinations -source - Reuters - "Judge Marie-Odile Bertella-Geffroy also opened an investigation for manslaughter against Sanofi Pasteur MSD, a joint venture between Sanofi Aventis...and Merck..., the same source said. The investigations follow allegations that the companies failed to fully disclose side effects from an anti-hepatitis B drug used in a vaccination campaign between 1994 and 1998....From 1994 to 1998, almost two thirds of the French population and almost all newborn babies were vaccinated against hepatitis B, but the campaign was suspended after concerns arose about possible secondary effects from the treatments. Some 30 plaintiffs have launched a civil action in the case, including the families of five people who died after vaccination."

AND

* ►January 31, 2008 - House of Delegates votes to halt HPV mandate - Virginia Tech Collegiate Times - "This past week, the Virginia House passed a bill that may halt the implementation of a human papillomavirus vaccination mandate....'I've never seen a vaccine marketed in such a way,' Marshall said. 'With such a hip campaign, Gardasil is encouraging children to exult independence over their parents in an unethical manner.' Delegate Marshall believes that the vaccine hasn't been on the market long enough following its 2006 release to ensure its safety and efficacy. 'I don't want to put this compulsory vaccine out there and then have people come back with a number of problems where the state is held responsible,' Marshall said. 'There are a number of things to take into consideration, including permanent sterilization.'"

Had to post this, this morning, for a couple of reasons.

There is so much in the media and headlines right now, having to do with the push and pull regarding vaccinations. This article from the Age of Autism gave me a chuckle, toward the end and I did notice this sentence.

We never look at the aluminum that replaced thimerosal, the live viruses, or the many other toxic ingredients in vaccines at all.

I can only fathom that he is referring to the "replacement" as a neurotoxin, not as a sanitizing agent, as was/is thimerosal's purpose. If I find anything suggesting aluminum is used for sanitizing purposes, I will be glad to apologize to CPS's Practitioner!

Anyway, with so many vaccines in the planning stages, and one of the presidentail candidates stating that she would work to do away with vaccine exemptions, these statements made by the so called professionals, just make me furious. I'm always greatful to the people who have the gusto to challenge these highly publicized studies and statements.

I have expressed my concerns over soy infant formula, fluoride, the coal buring energy plant in our community, the water quality, etc. many times. I like to keep up on any news I can find regarding more than just vaccines, however, the thought that more and more of these things can be forced on our children and ourselves is just not an acceptable possibility in my mind. We have, at the very least, neurologically sensitive children. We have studies showing a higher correlation with tics in boys, to higher amts. of thimerosal ( I still have to wonder if higher thimerosal=more vaccines?) I can totally accept genetic involvement, polymorphisms/ SNPS, but it seems ESSENTIAL to me to know what role vaccines may or may not play in immune and neurological disfunction. I can not imagine taking the boys in for Hep A, flu, meningitis, Gardisil (not mandatory or even on the schedule for boys YET), a 6th dose of TDaP, and Lord only knows what else!

Anyway......

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/02/dr-nancy-minshe.html

Wow is all I can say! The more I read the more interested I become. I am so happy this is in the media/headlines now. I hope more parents are questioning their pediatricians each office visit. I wish more pediatricians would get on board and do some research on the subject too instead of saying it is safer then not vaccinating!

Michele

Had to post this, this morning, for a couple of reasons.

There is so much in the media and headlines right now, having to do with the push and pull regarding vaccinations. This article from the Age of Autism gave me a chuckle, toward the end and I did notice this sentence.

We never look at the aluminum that replaced thimerosal, the live viruses, or the many other toxic ingredients in vaccines at all.

I can only fathom that he is referring to the "replacement" as a neurotoxin, not as a sanitizing agent, as was/is thimerosal's purpose. If I find anything suggesting aluminum is used for sanitizing purposes, I will be glad to apologize to CPS's Practitioner!

Anyway, with so many vaccines in the planning stages, and one of the presidentail candidates stating that she would work to do away with vaccine exemptions, these statements made by the so called professionals, just make me furious. I'm always greatful to the people who have the gusto to challenge these highly publicized studies and statements.

I have expressed my concerns over soy infant formula, fluoride, the coal buring energy plant in our community, the water quality, etc. many times. I like to keep up on any news I can find regarding more than just vaccines, however, the thought that more and more of these things can be forced on our children and ourselves is just not an acceptable possibility in my mind. We have, at the very least, neurologically sensitive children. We have studies showing a higher correlation with tics in boys, to higher amts. of thimerosal ( I still have to wonder if higher thimerosal=more vaccines?) I can totally accept genetic involvement, polymorphisms/ SNPS, but it seems ESSENTIAL to me to know what role vaccines may or may not play in immune and neurological disfunction. I can not imagine taking the boys in for Hep A, flu, meningitis, Gardisil (not mandatory or even on the schedule for boys YET), a 6th dose of TDaP, and Lord only knows what else!

Anyway......

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/02/dr-nancy-minshe.html

An Ad that ran in USA today, yesterday

http://www.generationrescue.org/pdf/080212.pdf

Quite an article

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0802/S00128.htm

This ia a huge paper. It is written largely regarding Autism, but has a lot of info on much of what we discuss here... sulfur, artficial colors, vaccines, viruses, etc.

http://overcomingcandida.com/candida_and_autism.htm

Kim,

Thanks for the great articles! The one about the vaccines makes my skin crawl. I counted my kids vaccines and they have both received about 23 each so far, (ages 5 and 8) and are scheduled for MORE!! Which they will no longer receive any immunizations! If I could only turn back time........ Anyway, my 5 year old is due for his kindergarten shots, 5 total I think! I called the school and told them I do not, well, will not immunize my child and they said, " no problem, just get your doctor to sign a note and bring it with you when you register." Well, then I thought, okay, so far so good, but, will my doctor do it? I called the doctor, spoke to a nurse, and she said it was no problem, come pick up the form tomorrow! WHEW!!! It was so easy. I just want all the parents to know you do not have to immunize your children regardless of what doctors, or anyone for that matter say. The "law" says it requires them, but, I think they say it is a "law" because they want these kids to have them, and then parents just assume it is mandatory and go ahead with it without knowing there are options! (like I did ) I am NOT saying you should not have your child immunized, it is a personal choice, I just wanted you all to know that you indeed have a choice!!

Kelly

Thank you for the information Kim. Sad to say but I have been avoiding the peds office for well visits because of te vaccine and well visit issue. Everytime I try to discuss my concerns with one of the peds they dismiss my concerns. I've got to admit one of close friends did not vaccinate until school and only a few vaccines she chose to give and I USED to think she was a bit of a rebel. Going against the norm. Now I know she was one of the ones who was trying to protect by being proactive. She always was into alternative medicine for her kids but she had done her homework!

Michele

I had felt the same way Michele! The ped just says it's a tic and they go away! Hmmm? I agree about the vaccine issues. I wish I had been a more on top of it parent when my son was younger. I probably would have refused most of his vaccines.

Right now I'm trying to figure out this PANDAs thing. Ds started ticcing back in November, there was no illness, no vaccine, nothing: just out of the blue. He did come down with strep last month and his tics got really bad while he was feverish. They put him on an antibiotic and he still ticced and still does! That was his 3rd time on antibiotics in his whole life(he's 9). So, do I even entertain the idea of PANDA's or do I just assume he has tics for an autoimmune problem first?