ACN Latitudes Forums

Some conclusions with our experiences....

P_Mom

Chemar I just switched to standard outline from linear and I see it. However I don't see it in the linear. Strange. Sorry for the confusion. That is wild.

Michele

I can't see it anymore. Can you? I know it was there at one time. Also a post by mom to 3 I think was the second post. I think Kelly had a double post on her thread. I must have replied to the deleted one. No big deal. It was just strange. It may be stranger if you can see it and I can't! I am confused now for sure.

Michele

Okay, I wrote in regards to Kelly's posts last night but it was gone this morning!

Hi Michele

I see a previous post by you on this thread as reply #3.......is this the post you are referring to or was there another??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay I am really confused. I have it on outline and they don't show up but they do show up on standard and linear. ooops.

Michele

Chemar I just switched to standard outline from linear and I see it. However I don't see it in the linear. Strange. Sorry for the confusion. That is wild.

Michele

I can't see it anymore. Can you? I know it was there at one time. Also a post by mom to 3 I think was the second post. I think Kelly had a double post on her thread. I must have replied to the deleted one. No big deal. It was just strange. It may be stranger if you can see it and I can't! I am confused now for sure.

Michele

Okay, I wrote in regards to Kelly's posts last night but it was gone this morning!

Hi Michele

I see a previous post by you on this thread as reply #3.......is this the post you are referring to or was there another??

Eli Stone on ABC at 10:00 tonite...this premier episode is about a trial of a vaccine injured child. ABC has been under a lot of pressure to cancel it. This letter to ABC exects contains an important excerpt

http://www.safeminds.org/pressroom/safemin...f-eli-stone.pdf

Bolding mine

Safeminds letter

As recently as November of 2007 the following study* was published in the peer reviewed Journal of Child Neurology, stating the following:

“The question of what is leading to the apparent increase in autism is of great importance. Like the link between aspirin and heart attack, even a small effect can have major health implications. If there is any link between autism and mercury, it is absolutely crucial that the first reports of the question are not falsely stating that no link occurs. We

have reanalyzed the data set originally reported by Ip et al. in 2004 and have found that the original p value was in error and that a significant relation does exist between the blood levels of mercury and diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder. Moreover, the hair sample analysis results offer some support for the idea that persons with autism may be less efficient and more variable at eliminating mercury from the blood.”

it wasn't really that explosive. But they had one scene where I guess the person on the stand was someone from the manufacturer of the vaccine and on cross examine he admitted he did not have his own daughter have the vaccine (but said it was his pediatricians decision). They called the ingredient "mercuritol"? The verdict was for the plaintiff and awarded 5.2 million. Really there was very little scenes in the courtroom, it went very fast.

At the end there was a disclaimer that stated this was a fictional story and characters, and any information concerning autism and vaccines were directed to the CDC. :(

Faith

I'm still having flashbacks.. :D

Thanks for the input last nite Faith.

A friend of mine said the same thing, about the show being kind of lame in regards to the notion that it would do anything for the public perception of the safety of vaccines or the thimerosal debate.

I guess what just makes me furious, is that they release these "studies" and splash it all over TV that once again thimerosal is exonerated. The latest one, IMO was just ridiculous. The debate about how long ethyl mercury is dectable in the blood is nothing new. The problem is that they need to know how much total is excreted in urine or feces, and how much gets stored in tissue. What damage is possible, before it's excreted? Noone is reporting what the primate studies have shown. They know that the toxicity is enhanced when combined with aluminum. Can trace ethyl mercury in combination with alum+multiple antigen which hits the lymph system, then goes directly into the blood stream, be causing a problem? Will they ever allow a study of vax vs unvaxed? Even if they do, it will be too late to help any of us make decisions regarding these things. Kids would need to be tracked for years.

There are many many toxic substances that they say are "safe" in the amts that people are exposed to, but has anyone combined small amts of hundreds of them at the same time? I have no problem with thimerosal not being the "smoking gun," but creadible evidence needs to be presented, the truth, the whole truth. Then I think parents could nix the theory and move on. This "early release," damage control junk is what makes me so mad. It makes them look desperate to anyone who is really trying to follow this in any detail.

For the Dr.s that keep telling parents not to believe what they read on the internet, I would love just once, to tell one of them that they better stay out of the medical journals (which may be publishing bought and paid for info) and start surfing the web!

BTW, I can handle George Michaels, just glad it wasn't Boy George. :(

►January 31, 2008 - NVIC Vaccine E-Newsletter - Mercury Study Released Early to Help AAP Bash ABC by Barbara Loe Fisher

The AAP leadership is just not going to give up insisting that it is a very, very good thing to inject mercury into infants and children. They are going to twist themselves into pretzels trying to defend the indefensible premise that a known neurotoxin belongs in childhood vaccines, as evidenced by today's early release of a methodologically questionable "study" by Michael Pichichero, M.D. purporting to exonerate the mercury-based vaccine preservative, thimerosal, from any responsibility for children developing vaccine- associated autism.

http://www.pharmalive.com/News/index.cfm?a...p;categoryid=40

The study, originally scheduled to be published Feb. 4 in the AAP journal, Pediatrics, was released "early" in an effort to blunt the impact of tonight's broadcast of a fictional drama on ABC-TV that highlights the ordeal of a family whose son developed autism after receiving mercury-containing vaccines. http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/health/fe...cout612206.html

Here is what all the fuss is about (for today at least): Pichichero claims his study of about 200 babies and children, who were injected with vaccines containing ethyl mercury (thimerosal), showed that measurable mercury levels in the blood of the children were gone within 3.7 days. This, says Pichichero, is much quicker than the average 44 days it takes for methyl mercury (found in fish) to be undetectable in the blood. Ergo, he says, exposure to thimerosal does not cause brain damage or autism!

Not so fast, says Thomass Brubacher, M.D., a scientist who studies the biological effects of ethyl mercury on primates. "Just because it came out of the blood doesn't mean it is excreted from the body. It could have gone to the brain. In primates, you actually get more mercury in the brain after exposure to ethyl mercury than with methyl mercury - it has an easier time crossing the blood brain barrier." http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/200...aves-blood-fast

Kim,

Is this something the Dr's offices don't have available or at the local health department? You have to special order it?

Thanks.

Michele

Calicat/Michelle,

This pharmacy had all three vaccines (MMR) available individually in 06, if you are considering that route.

Hopewell Pharmacy, 800-792-6670

http://www.hopewellrx.com/

Michelle,

From what I can remember they would ship the individual vaccine for two of them. One, you had to buy in a multipack. Like 10 at once. So, you could get two with no problem, but the other, you would either have to bite off the cost of 10 of them, or your Ped office would have to be willing to buy the 10 pack. I think the cost of the 10 pack was around 180.00? Seems the other two were in the area of $30.00? This may be way off, as it's been awhile. I just remember it was "doable," even if we had to buy the 10 pack ourselves. It was for my nieces new baby..which she later decided not to vaccinate at all, at least for the time being.