ACN Latitudes Forums

Some conclusions with our experiences....

P_Mom

Oh, I forgot earlier, but I did want to update, as I mentioned in an earlier post, that a high school student in our area had contracted the menengitis and I have learned that he did die. There was also another young woman who works in a H.S. about 30 miles from here who also is said to have died from the menengitis over the weekend too. So geez, I don't know how to react to all this, except that I believe these people didn't exactly know what they had until it was too late.

So, calicat, my comment about the chicken pox was really just a little quip, but I don't recall it being something to fear, just that it was a nuisance. You may be right about the amounts given, tho. But some believe its better to just get it naturally and let the body fight it off. (psst ....people born in the 70's ...:) back up just a little ;)

Kelly, I often think the same thing about getting together with all our info, what a roundtable discussion that would be......I wonder if we would all have an idea who each other was even before we displayed our name tags!

Faith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith,

I am so sorry! I just realized that I read that quote of yours the wrong way... I thought you meant we all received those shots as kids, but now I realize you meant we all had CHICKEN POX as kids, and nobody died. SORRY! I totally agree with you on that one!!

Calicat

Hi Faith,

Yes, how fun that would be. Maybe we should try to organize it!! What do you all think?

Anyway, regarding the meningitis, how very sad, yes, unfortunate things like that do happen. But, be advised, the meningitis vaccine is for viral meningitis, not bacterial, there are two types. The bacterial one is the killer (the viral form of menigitis is much milder) and is very likely to be what those kids unfortunately contracted, non of our kids are protected from bacterial meningitis from any vaccine from what I understand.

Kelly

Okay, I wrote in regards to Kelly's posts last night but it was gone this morning!

It is great to be having these coversations. Thanks Kelly for the overview I will keep it in my notebook because I think you spoke it right. I just returned from the chiropracter for me and he said he did not vaccinate any of his three kids. He said he finds it terrible that although Merk has come out with thermosal free vaccines the others with thermosal are still being given. My baby will be one soon. I have seen her have the same high fevers that my son did and now I wonder if that is a sign of neurological problems not being able to fight fevers. It was right after his one year old shots that he started in with strep and high fevers. He was never "the same" again. From that point on each time he was sick he got tics and strange behaviors when exposed to illness. How many of our kids have had trouble with high fevers or jaundice or colic as babies? Is the fever or colic or jaundice a sign of a weak immune system? Andrew has all his immunizations up to date. They kept reassuring me there was no connection. Why was I dumb enough to believe them? The five year old shots pre K were the final straw that really pushed him over the edge. After those his OCD and tics and emotional behaviors were dramatically changed. Now he has traces of heavy metals and yeast and metabolic issues. What do the Dr's say now to my questions about vaccnations for the baby? The benefits outweigh the risks. Who are they kidding? They don't even understand what our kids are going through or try to figure it out.

I would love to meet ACN memebers too. Maybe on Oprah or Dr. Phil? Has anyone here ever sent either of them information on PANDAS? I know they have done tourettes and autism but wouldn't a show including PANDAS be awesome?

Michele

Oh, I forgot earlier, but I did want to update, as I mentioned in an earlier post, that a high school student in our area had contracted the menengitis and I have learned that he did die. There was also another young woman who works in a H.S. about 30 miles from here who also is said to have died from the menengitis over the weekend too. So geez, I don't know how to react to all this, except that I believe these people didn't exactly know what they had until it was too late.

So, calicat, my comment about the chicken pox was really just a little quip, but I don't recall it being something to fear, just that it was a nuisance. You may be right about the amounts given, tho. But some believe its better to just get it naturally and let the body fight it off. (psst ....people born in the 70's ...:) back up just a little ;)

Kelly, I often think the same thing about getting together with all our info, what a roundtable discussion that would be......I wonder if we would all have an idea who each other was even before we displayed our name tags!

Faith

I was told by my son's intergrative Dr. that thermosal was taken out, but aluminium was added. Something needs to perservere them.

Yes, Yes, We need to all get together and storm Washington.

Our babies bodies should not be injected with something unnatural.

Faith, you would have to suppress your humor, or we would all know who you were with or without a name tag. :)

C.P.

I was told by my son's intergrative Dr. that thermosal was taken out, but aluminium was added. Something needs to perservere them

CP, if you didn't misunderstand, this Dr. is wrong. Thimerosal was/is used as a sanitizer in multidose vials of some vaccines. It was meant to protect against contamination as the needle was inserted into the vial, multiple times. Aluminum is an adjuvant. ITS SOLE PURPOSE IS TO PROVOKE THE BODY INTO AN EXAGGERATED IMMUNE RESPONSE. This is why I do so much of my own research now. I have come to realize, no matter what type of Dr. you see, they are only human. They can not be experts on everything. Of course, neither can I, but I can get some basics down ^_^

Faith, Kelly

I read about the two cases of meningitis that you have been discussing. The articles so far are not reporting what type of meningitis either person had. I suspect and I could very well be wrong, but it may have been the B group. There is a fairly high prevelence of group B, and it is not included in the current vaccine. Menactra contains four serotypes A, C,Y and W-135. These are all bacterial groups (types) as is type B. Bacterial meningitis, is usually much more dangerous than viral meningitis, which there is no vaccine for. If the deaths would have been attributed to a "type" that was included in the vaccine, I just feel it would have been played way up if these people had not been vaccinated. If anyone can call their local health dept. and ask if it's known yet, what type was responsible, it would probably be good info to have. What ever it was, it's always sad.

CP this is a newer vaccine also. They are "hoping" it will offer protection for longer than the last one, which I believe was under 5 years???? You cna search it, it was called .Menomune

http://www.vaccineshoppe.com/US_PDF/Menactra_5447_09.06.pdf

Colleenrn,

I am so sorry for your daughters experience. It makes me sick to read that post about the shingles. The whole vax topic does that to me, and I can only hope that everyone really takes the time to research these things fully. There is just SO much to know and consider, I know it's hard. If we don't educate ourselves though, we are totally at the mercy of what I don't feel, is all about health anymore. Thank you for sharing your story. Reinforcement for my decision, and i do worry about the boys getting Chicken pox at an older age. I may have titers tested at a later date.

The David Kirby Article:

In the article, "Delay in DPT vaccination is associated with a reduced risk of childhood asthma," Anita Kozyrskyj, an asthma researcher at the University of Manitoba, and other scientists combed the medical records of 14,000 children born in Manitoba in 1995 (when many Canadian shots still contained mercury, by the way).

They found that children who received the DPT (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus) vaccine at two months of age were 2.63 times more likely to develop asthma (at a rate of 13.9%) than children who were not given the shot until after four months of age (5.9%). "We're thinking that maybe if you delay this allergic response until a bit later, the child's immune system is more developed and maybe you're not seeing this effect," Kozyrskyj told the Winnipeg Free Press, which just broke the story

HOLY POOP!!!! My older son who stuttered was also diagnosed with childhood asthma....which has gone away with the stuttering.....oh my gosh!!!!! How many other parents have had asthma issues with the tics??????....(my younger son with the tics does not have asthma)....now I find the asthma on top of the tics/ADHD/stuttering too!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I am so shocked and never thought my older son was ever affected by the vaccines!

I wrote the above post before reading all of the posts today. Mine was very self absorbed and off topic. I was just so shocked by what I found.

Faith - I did not find a doctor writing a book with tics/cure, but I found a Dr. with a video about how vaccines kick up the immune system and then that causes issues with the brain. I think it was related to food allergies developing later. I will look for it and post it if I can find it. I have spent so much time that I can't recall what I found where. (The nuerologist also told me to stick to WebMD and the TS official site .........so that I don't get caught up in inaccurate blogging!!!!)

What a wealth of information you guys are. I think you could all open up your own research clinic on tics and TS!!!! Bonnie could provide the natural medicine!!!!

oh, sorry tracey, I see now it was bmom who mentioned the doctor writing a book. ha, we are all getting a little overloaded up top, huh!

so, bmom, could you tell us more about the doc you mention and what he had to say. Are you working with him on things for your son?

Thanks

Faith

Hi Faith, Yes, I have spoken with a Doctor who is a retired immunologist and DO that believes he can put it into remission. I am going to try to meet with him in the next couple of months to talk about what he believes is the cause and how to put it into remission. I dont know too much yet, and he lives about 8 hours away so I am going to try and meet with him as soon as I can. He is elderly and trying to write a book that involves over 30 years of research he says. I thought what I would do was give him Dr. Sharps info-phone and email- and see if he is willing to discuss his research with him as he seems to be working on that angle. Anyway, I don't know much, but I will let everyone know if I can make progress. What sparked my interest was that he said this is an immune system problem and it can affect the metabolic system. Hmmm- he could be onto something there.

No, I dont except I have spoken with him several times on the phone and he said a few things, but that he would explain his research to me as it is somewhat complicated over the phone. I have asked him about the proteins and he said they boost the immune system.

I can't see it anymore. Can you? I know it was there at one time. Also a post by mom to 3 I think was the second post. I think Kelly had a double post on her thread. I must have replied to the deleted one. No big deal. It was just strange. It may be stranger if you can see it and I can't! I am confused now for sure.

Michele

Okay, I wrote in regards to Kelly's posts last night but it was gone this morning!

Hi Michele

I see a previous post by you on this thread as reply #3.......is this the post you are referring to or was there another??