ACN Latitudes Forums

Strange Question - Very foul rotten egg stool smell

CarolynN

I am trying to figure out what is going on with Daniel and whether if he is really is experiencing a die off reaction to candida. He had started on an enzyme, his doctor prescribed, about a week ago. I had noticed a few increases in tics after starting this enzyme. Enzymes do kill off candida.

Well the other night, when I gave him the first dose of Benadryl, he had the strongest gas it smelled just like really BAD ROTTEN EGGS. The next day when he went to the bathroom to go number 2 that same very strong smell was present.

Last night we gave him Benadryl again and once again that VERY strong smelling stool is back. He also had the No-Phenol enzyme for the second dose.

Can candida dieing cause this smell?

Can Benadryl cause this smell?

The other thing to mention is we have been giving him Epsom Salts baths. Can they cause this smell?

Obviously something major is going on in his intestional track. Has anyone, who has experienced a die off reaction, had this same experience?

Thanks again for all your advice!

Carolyn N.

Carolyn N,

Without going into too much detail :P , my vote would definitely be that the enzymes are doing their job. Hang in there, it will get better.

When my son had the head shake flare up recently, we started the enzymes regularly again. He refused to take them when he was going somewhere that the type of problem your describing could be, well, a problem. It's kind of ironic to think that living with 3 males, I would get to the point where I'm actually happy to have this reaction. I don't think there is anything quite as funny to boys, as horrible gas! I swear these guys compete with each (kids..not husband, thank goodness!).

One thing that i want to mention. I have not been using no fenol with my youngest son. I was mostly interested in zymeprime for carb digestion and peptizyde for protein. I decided to reintroduce, after rereading all of the PST info. I only gave him a 1/2 capsule at most. He had horrible stomach pain about 2 to 3 hours after. He complained of a burning pain in the center of his stomach. It ended in bathroom duty, with loose stools each time. He had a this type of reaction a couple of years ago, when we first started using them too. I know that pain is sometimes an indication that the enzymes are working on areas that are somewhat damaged, but pain is never something that you can really view as good. I'm only giving him a sprinkle currently. We are going VERY slowly with no fenol.

Kim,

Thank you so much for your information. It was very helpful!!

I gave Daniel about 1/8 of a capsule tonight and so far he is doing well with it. I think slow and easy is the best way to go. I have to say that I e-mailed Dr. Houston's company, regarding his increase in tics which seemed to stem from the No-Phenol, and I got the fastest replies back. Great customer service and Dr. Houston himself even e-mailed me back to give me some information.

As he progresses with this No-Phenol, I will definitely post as to how it worked or did not work. I want to give it a solid month to build up tolerance or perhaps even 2 months. I am just so praying it helps him.

I am also investigating other ways to help with this PST intolerance. There seems to be some other ways to boost his sulfation system. I actually just read an article you had posted that had so much helpful information. One thing that was suggested was taking 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar twice a day (I found out they do sell it in capsule form). What confuses me about taking the apple cider vinegar is the product, itself, is on the high end for salicylates. So you would think this would be a contradiction.

Just as a side note, and I am going to start a new thread about at another time, it seems like taking 250 mg of Vitamin C (3 times a day breakfast, lunch, dinner) is helping keep his histamine down which in turn is keeping his tics down. Vitamin C is one of the best things in controlling histamine from what I have read. I was thinking rather then giving it to him in one lump sum why not space it throughout the day to give his body a nice steady amount.

Thanks again for replying. It means a lot to me to have such a great network of people to go through with this journey.

Carolyn N.

Carolyn N,

Your info is very helpful to me too, so thank you right back.

I would love to hear more details about any info that you had clarified thru Houston's. I'm sure others would too. I know no fenol is supposed to weaken the outer shell of candida. My impression was that, yes, enzymes can help kill yeast (mostly by getting rid of undigested junk like carbs) but more so, that No Fenol would make an antifungal more effective. Is that the impression that you got?

I'm a little at a loss on the apple cider vinegar thing. My oldest son can not tolerate vitamin C. It gives him reflux. He even complained of it with sodium ascorbate, as opposed to asorbic acid. I'm a fan of vit C, and believe that it is important in allergy/histimine control also. Enzymes help his reflux symptoms, which have always seemed to correlate with tic flare ups. I only remember that from the early years (before i knew anything about any of these connections) because his worst tic was always head shaking. I used to think that he was literally throwing acid into his esophagus with the head shaking itself.

Maybe i should try the vit c with enzymes. I'm just a bit reluctant to use anything that increases stomach acid, without knowing exactly what is going on. I know raising acid levels in the wrong child can have negative effects, so i would like to hear any thoughts you have there too! My old Pediatrician prescribed Prevacid for frequent stomach aches and the allergist prescribed zantac for allergy control along with two other meds. Now giving Zantac and Prevacid to a child who is already low in the acid dept. would not be good, especially long term, IMO!

Hello again Kim,

Well in regard to Dr. Houston's response, he said that he has never heard of that big of a reaction with tics before with No-Phenol. He told me to stop giving it to him, for now, but you will read in a minute I just decided to cut his dose way back.

No-phenol was actually designed to help with the digestion of fruits and vegetables and also it helps with processing artificle dyes in foods. The reason I ordered it was to help Daniel with processing the dyes and hopefully to build up his tolerance to this very big sensitivity for him. I just want him to be able to have a piece of birthday cake without it being a big issue (I am sure you know what I mean). Dr. Houston also created other enzymes to help with the digestion of gluten and also proteins. My understanding is the No-Phenol is used to compliment their other products or you can use it by itself. They also are coming out, or already have I am not sure, with a product called Trienzya which is a capsule with a bunch of the enzymes mixed including the No-Phenol. But here is the link to read more about the No-Phenol http://www.houstonni.com/products/. But yes all the reading I have done the No-Phenol does attack yeast just as you described (so one should expect some possible die-off reaction). I have to say again AMAZING customer service with this company. I truly was impressed with the quick response back regarding my issues.

I did give Daniel an 1/8 of a capsule of the No-Phenol last night and tonight and he seems to be doing real good at this point. I am giving him the No-Phenol late in the day, just once, so if he does have a reaction I can have an idea.

Now I called my Naturopathic Doctor and she said when taking enzymes at first you are going to see reactions. It is the toxins leaving the body and your body having to adjust to this process. So the increase in tics did not surprise her nor did the very sulfur smelling stool. She said if this all keeps up for a while then I need to go back to see her.

I just found a vitamin C product the other day called Nature's Way "The Right C". It claims to be superior absorption but also non acidic and Ph Neurtral. It said "stomach gentle". It is 1,000 mg a tablet. The only problem is they are not chewable, fairly large, and very hard. I just was concerned for my son, who is 7, swallowing something that big and hard just in case it happened to get stuck (he can swallow pills now). So my thought is if they sell this product that is "stomach gentle" perhaps there are other vitamin C products that claim to be the same.

Kim, I am wondering do you know the reason your son has reflux. I listen to "Talk Radio" all the time and there is a doctor by the name of Dr. Bob Martin I have listened to for years and years. He is an amazing source of naturopathich information. I know I have heard him discuss this exact same issue you are having with you son. Unfortunately I don't remember what he said but I do know there are ways to handle this naturally. He use to have a practice here in Arizona but now he only does radio and personal consultation over the phone. Here is his link http://www.doctorbob.com/about.html . The other thing you could do, is I know he has a national show, you could call him up on the radio. I actually did that a few years ago with a situation regarding my dad (I had to wait a long time to get on the air though!). But for a lot more in depth information I think a phone consultation would be really great. The price is listed on his website.

I have to tell you the more I am studying about the PST intolerance, especially from the link you gave, which is the http://www.newtreatments.org/fromweb/sulfur.html link, the more I am convinced that is indeed in core of Daniel's issue. I am bound and determined to get the root of how to improve that system in the body. What I learned from this article is it not only filters out toxins and excess histamine, but it also filters out excess DOPAMINE. So when the system gets out of whack it cannot keep up with what it needs to do with keeping the dopamine in check which is obviously the root of the issue, in the brain, with tourettes. Also I learned this system filters out excess hormones. I was thinking, in regard to the tics peaking at age 9-11 area, is it because the hormones are getting going and this system of the body is having to try to keep up with this extra demand on it. So hence it is being overtaxed even further?

Another very interesting thing is, and this is a huge issue for so many with tourettes, is the toxins from the candida choke this sulfation system greatly. So if you have candida you are over taxing this system of the body that needs to "clean out" other toxins from your body including from our food and environment. So basically the candida toxins are taking up space in this system that will make it disfunctional. All this back up with the toxins again will not regulate the dopamine or your histamines correctly. This is why it is so important to get candida under control and hopefully keep it under control.

I also learned, from the same article, that chlorinated water, like when you go swimming, is very hard on this system of the body. It really knocks down the sulfate ions needed to process toxins. So the doctor, who wrote the article, suggest espom salts bath right after getting out of the pool. She also stresses the importance of not bathing in water that has high chlorine levels and she suggest ways around that if your tap water is high in it. I remember Chemar's son has problems with chlorine I wonder how many other people have noticed this?

Also Tylenol is VERY hard on this system of the body. I can't remember exactly what she said but I am pretty sure she states it completely wipes out all the sulfate ions for a period of time.

So much of this is making more and more sense to me. If I cannot get answers from my two Naturopathic Doctors, regarding how this whole sulfation system can be improved, I will be calling Dr. Bob Martin myself. I really think he could help me understand what to do for Daniel , or at least where to go for the right answers, to improve this part of his body.

I really think the No-Phenol and the other enzymes my Naturopathic wants him on, to help with processing proteins, is going to help. It will just take a lot of tiime to build up to the level where his intestinal track is nice and healthy. I also think the probiotics will help too!

Have a great day Kim!

Carolyn N.

Hi guys,

Carolyn, you tapped into something I was wondering. What would the teen norms be for repletion or deficiency of vitamins. Is my son burning up (for the lack of a better word) his vitamins because of his age. (14) His antioxidant intake has been increased 100 fold yet he has gone down to an average level.

Just wondering if this is something that will balence itself out after he body gets through this stage.

What do you think?

C.P.

Carolyn N.

Thx for keep posting your research. Many of us here can benefit from the info.

Interesting about chlorine and epsom salt bath. Are you using a shower filter? My son takes a bath, is there a good & effective filter for bath?

Thx!

Pat

CSP,

You know I don't know the answer to your question, but I only can imagine that the body would need so much more nutrition, from all sources, to provide what is necessary to change from being a child into an adult. I had OCD really bad between the ages of between 9-14 area. It seemed to calm down after around that time and perhaps even a little before. It is hard to pinpoint exactly now. But it did calm way down (my parents did not know what was going on so I did not have any medical treatment. They took me to a doctor and all the doctor did was give me some special soap, that was more mild, and told me to stop washing my hands so much.)

I am planning on trying to find some information out about this on the internet when I have some time to research. So if I find something I will let you know.

Have a great day,

Carolyn N.

Patty,

It is funny you ask about the shower head because I just read in the article I was referencing above, regarding the chlorine information, that the "Showerwise Filter" is a good product for filtering out chlorine. I just did a quick search on the internet and found this link http://www.fernsnutrition.com/showerwise_shower_filter.html . It looks as if a lot of on-line stores do carry it.

Hope this helps and thank you Patty for your kind words. I really believe there are answers. I am so driven to understand this part of my son's life. So the more I find out I will certainly keep posting it to help other's too find answers!

Carolyn N.

I forgot to mention something positive about the apple cider vinegar. My oldest daughter has been using it to clear up her acne. She just puts some on a cotton ball and wipes her forehead. She is so happy how well it has worked.

C.P.