ACN Latitudes Forums

Candida

MARYANN

Hi Faith, I just took a look for the first time . She had blood work, test name Candida AB (igg,A,M,). Do you understand this? The doctor is a osteopathic physician.

Candida IGG 1.11 H

Candida IGA 0.29

Candida IGM 0.37

For All

REferecnce range < 0.89 negative

0.89-0.99 equivocal

>=1.00 Postive

Thanks MAryann

No, sorry.

Bye.

:P Just kidding. I really don't know what any of that is. I bet if you poked around the net, you could get a description of those terms and maybe the numbers significance? Still curious what he meant by she "had" it. I wonder why my DAN doc never suggested candida testing for my son, I know I asked about it in the beginning. It seems alot of you are having this done.

Faith

Maryann,

You may hv found this out already, but I got this from the Bio-Center labs site where you order the test. Was it from there? I seems the name you mentioned. It stated this:

IgM antibodies indicate a "present" infection.

IgG antibodies indicate a "past" (or present) infection.

IgA antibodies indicate mucosal infection.

So the IgG being a little high according to the reference range indicates candida in the past?

Faith

Hi Faith, Thank so much for finding that info for me. I got the test done and Quest Diagnositics. Im sure they are all the same, Makes sense. Thanks again. I will bring the results back to the doctor next appt and ask more qusetions. Thanks for your help Maryann

we have found that once there has been a candida infection, one has to be vigilent about future overgrowth

candida lives in all of us, but our "good" bacteria in the gut keep it under control. if something causes the balance to change (eg antibiotic, poor diet, other infections etc) the candida can begin to multiply again