ACN Latitudes Forums

Mag 2/Pidolate de magnesium (France)- Anyone tried this?

Tracey111

A friend of mine brought back tubes of liquid magnesium from France, for my son's tics. Her homeopathic doctor in France suggested 3 tubes a day for 15 days and then 2 tubes a day for 10 days....based on her description of his symptoms.

Has anyone ever used this form of magnesium? Each tube is 122mg, so he will be getting 366 mg a day for those 15 days. I started it today, but am nervous about overdoing things, so I stopped his other vitamins for now. PS - It was VERY INexpensive compared to our liquid magnesium - 9 Euros for 60 tubes of 122mg.

I am anxious to know if it will help decrease his tics that have flared up lately.

Thanks for any input anyone can give me!!!!

Hi Tracey

I havent heard of that form of magnesium, but sure would be interested to hear what results you get

300-400mg of magnesium per day is an acceptable amount, but of course that depends on the age and weight too.

He is six and weighs about 55 LBS. I saw 140 mg on a website for this form of magnesium for the rec. daily amt. for USA. It was 170mg for 7-10 years, and he is almost 7.

It has to help!!!! Tonight my extended family really noticed it. I found him downstairs playing by himself in a corner and he would not tell me why he would not play with the other kids!!!!! We have talked about the tics with him, even though the nuerologists said not to. We have been hiding the supplements. This morninig HE ASKED about the tics (if they would ever go away!)and told me that a girl at school told him to drink water to get rid of them.....he has been asking for water all the time lately ;) . I told him about the mag 2 and he has agreed to take it!!!!! We did three today and it did not upset his tummy....but I worry about internal side affects....can't find any on line...only diareah.

I will post if it helps! I am logging it all...and it was so cheap, so it will be great if it works!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
This did not work for my son. We are on day 23 and his tics have not gone down. (They are actually worse.) So, the Mag 2 did not work by itself. So, I thought I would let you know!

Tracey,

Thanks for letting us know that...

do you or have you used any other form of magnesium? The natural calm or kids calm or other?

Also, have you started implementing any food eliminations yet?

(for us, we have done a good amount of cheating over the last few days, and I am seeing the effects of it today, more vocals and some blink/winking. :lol: )

Faith

Just curious if you stayed off all of the other vitamins throughout this "course" of magnesium. That stood out for me when you said you went off them because you didn't want to overdo things. I think it's possible that skewed results for you. I once made the mistake of taking my daughter off one tiny (so I thought) part of her supplement program--the digestive enzyme. Within a week, her tics started increasing. When I put her back on, they reduced. Apparently it plays an important role for her.

As Chemar says, I think the supplements really work together. (Of course this depends on your particular child's needs, but once you figure it out... well, they have a synergistic effect.)

I hope you find some answers :lol:

Calicat

So many changes, so hard to pinpoint!!!! Turns out my "whole foods" diet was very high in saylicalates (?)...and that may be why it didn't help!!!! His tics were horrible, but all he was eating was "very high" saylicalyte foods.

We did not take him off of the focus attention plus or the GABA Plus. His attention was fine, but the tics were bad. We did some B vitamins at the end with the mag 2.

Now we will try Magnesium Taurate.

I was hoping the Mag 2 was the magic mix, but I am still searching!!!!