ACN Latitudes Forums

Q. about lecithin dose and taurine

Guest Nancy

Guest Nancy

I have a question for those of you using lecithin. I am trying to follow Bonnie's plan for my son and want to add lecithin into the mix. I noticed on her original plan before she came out with her TS-plus control, she recommends 1200 mg of lecithin a day, but what was included in the TS-plus control when he took it was only 700-800 mg a day. I can only find the gel cap in 1200 mg. Is that amount ok for him to take? He's about 60 pounds and almost 8. Also, since there's inositol in lecithin I have to take that into account when making sure he doesn't get more than 500 mg a day, right?

Finally, I've seen people have recommended taurine. If he's taking magnesium taurate does he need additional taurine? He's taking about 625 mg. of mag taurate daily. He was doing so well with the extra magnesium for awhile and now we've got some throat noises and twitchiness creeping back in. I know he's bound to wax and wane, but I just wonder if I've left out something important for vocal tics.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Nancy

Guest Bonnie Grimaldi

Dear Nancy,

There is plenty of taurine in magnesium taurate and so there is no need for extra taurine. Also, it is the niacin (incudes vitamin B3 and inositol nicotinate or "no-flush niacin") that shouldn't exceed 500 mg for an adult or child 90 pounds or greater unless supervised by a physician. Your son consume less total niacin a day than this. It is OK to add lecithin that contains inositol.

Warm regards,

Bonnie Grimaldi

Guest Nancy

Thanks Bonnie,

I probably wasn't explaining myself clearly - I do realize it's the niacin that can't go over 500 mg a day. He gets some in his B-complex vitamin and he's taking 250 mg of inositol daily. I noticed a lot of the lecithin out there has quite a bit of inositol in it too, so I figured I'd had to be careful about adding a lecithin that didn't have too much inositol or I'd put him over 500 mg. I'll try adding the 1200mg lecithin gel cap I got - it doesn't have much inositol in it. Thanks for your prompt reply!

Nancy